Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Will Iodine Help Me Change My Thyroid?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.2-pounds.
Eek....!!!!

Oh I am not panicking. I stepped on the scale before I came here to the library and was at 183-pounds. This was after having eaten today, and having drank plenty of water, and some decaffeinated coffee.

Time and time again I have written that the body changes it's weight up and down. Since I know this is true, when I see this kind of weight, I don't panic.

It's true, I did go back to consuming a higher amount of carbohydrates than I was. I got tired of the meat, and eggs. As you can see everything changed. If one looked back to one year ago, I am about where I was this time last year. So nothing has really changed. This is why I am not out of my mind over this.

I would like to see myself down at 160-pounds. I have resolved in my mind that's going to be a long process.

Not so long ago I wrote about the thyroid gland. I wrote that many times people who have a thyroid that is slow, or low, (known as hypothyroidism) also struggle with obesity. Hypothyroidism usually shows up as a lower than average body temperature, which for many is actually 98.6-degrees Fahrenheit (F.).

I reasoned that this lower body temperature, which is something that I have, may be the real problem with me getting off these last twenty pounds. As a result, I have been experimenting by ingesting Iodine liquid three times a day. I have been taking my temperature and found it as low a 96-degrees F. This has been my impedes to ingest the iodine.

I have to be careful, because I might find myself changing over to hyperthyroidism, and give myself a goiter on my neck. So, I monitor my temperature three times a day just to see if my body ever gets up to or over the average of 98.6 degrees F.

So far I have been averaging a temperature of around 97-degrees F. Only once did I manage to get it up to 98.1-degrees F.

I am attempting with all of this to get my body warmed up. Some people would insist exercise, exercise, you'll do the same thing. Ummm, no I won't. It doesn't work that way.

I am figuring out that my low thyroid may very well be part of the reason I don't want to excerpt myself with any kind of exercise. It may also be part of the reason I have been so blasted forgetful lately. Yes, memory loss is one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I shall see how I progress with this. Just to let you know the Iodine I am using is from Kelp. It's not a synthetic Iodine. It's supposed to be safe. We shall see.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...