Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fat People Shouldn't Jog Or Run....

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the "New Magical Mystical Digital Scale" Weighing in at 236.2-Pounds...
That's down a bit from yesterday, and it's an overall trend down for this week.

I wrote in the headline Fat People Shouldn't Jog or Run. I write that thinking about how after 11 days of walking around this tiny track for 30 minutes or so each day, I felt in my shin a constant burning. I remember many times when I ignore those burning sensations when jogging not so long after that I would have to give up. People need to listen to the their bodies.

This morning as I walked this tiny track I watched two fat women jogging... Their flab was jerking up and down, and I was thinking will they be doing that 6 months from now?
I was also thinking do these fatsos men, and women going around this track realize their biggest problem was their diet? That's right, their diet. They ate too much food, and they ate the wrong kind of food. Then one day they had a brain storm that they need to trim up.

Most of the time when we get this lightning bolt of an idea we need to trim off the fat we jump in whole hog with the determination I am going to lose this fat. Then most of the time we jump into activities that are completely unsuitable for our fat, out of shape, beaten up, sedentary bodies.... I know because I was guilty of the same thing.

That said my body isn't the young resiliant thing it once was. I used to be able run, and run... Not anymore. And, I have to be careful not to over stress myself, or I will quit doing what I need to do to get in to better shape.

Now, I am not a big fan of walking. I have been going around, and around this tiny track that encircles the basketball court. There is a clock with a second hand I can watch. There is rubberized matting that I am walking on that absorbes the impact from my feet. This is better than a concrete sidewalk. The environment is controlled, being as there is no excessive cold, or heat, no wind, and no sun. There are windows that look out onto the outside world, but that's it... Best of all there is no traffic that I have to dodge...

So for me, fortunately this seems to be the best environment I can get for now.

So I figure while I adjust to walking and go through the physical adjustments I need to go through, I shouldn't jog.  And I don't think the fatties should jog either. I can only imagine the impact that extra weight imposes on the joints and the bones. And lets face it folks injuries take time to recover from...

Well, I am not anyone's conscience. And, I have always written losing weight is a slow determined process. I have also written regaining that weight is easy to do, and most of us regain it...

Well, that's all for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...