Saturday, December 22, 2012

What In The World Happened?

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 234.2-Pounds.
That's Down one more pound...

Many years ago I used to write on this blog about the difficulty losing weight. I also wrote that it was easy to regain the weight. It's is far easier to keep gaining weight than it is to lose it, and then to maintain it.

I also used to write that we should keep a food diary, and use a scale to weigh in every single day. I was so resolved to weigh my self everyday that I carried the Magical Mystical Digital Scale with me in my luggage when I left town...

Well, some things happened that caused me to lose my resolve.
It started with my fishing trips up to Wisconsin. I have a cousin who used to like to cook for me. She was a great cook. She made big meals, along with different deserts that she would lavish on me.

Now I never did give up the desire for tasty goodies, I only tried to limit my consumption of them.

When ever I stayed the night at her home, she would feed me. She would also get critical of me carrying my scale and leaving it on the floor in the bathroom. She also didn't like me writing down everything I ate in front of her.  One time she actually ripped the page in my log book out and crumbled it up. Nasty...

Well, you might say that's no excuse for giving in. Well, that is just some of the mental opposition I faced.

I had actually gotten down to 174 pounds, but found it was very, very difficult to stay there. I was basically eating very, very small meals to maintain that weight. It was nerve-racking.

As I ate more to try and satisfy hunger my weight began to climb. It didn't take long before I went back up to 200-Pounds.

Then it happened: My Mom died just about three years ago, and I lost my desire to fight the weight losing battle. I was depressed.... Yesterday I looked into one of my food diaries I was keeping at the time, and found that my entries weren't even properly dated. From the day my mom died for months on end my entries into the food diary were sporadic and with very incomplete lists of what I was eating.
My heart and mind were gone ......

It took months for me to start logging properly again. As I looked at the diary, my weight began to increase rapidly.... I was having a hard time staying at 200-Pounds.

I can't remember when it happened, but my Magical Mystical Digital Scale broke. It was about a year after my mom died that one day I stepped up onto the scale after climbing out of the bathtub.  My feet were dripping wet and some water seeped past the foot pads and fried the electronic board in the scale.

I didn't feel like going out and getting another scale. I tried to repair the one that I had, and could not bring it back to life.

When the Magical Mystical Digital Scale died, I quit weighing myself, and quit keeping a log as well.

There I went for almost two-years flying blind without a scale.

One day my neighbor who is a bit of a neurotic loon commented about how fat I was getting.  Every time she
saw me she would tell me how fat I was, and how unhealthy it was.....

I could see my clothes were not fitting.  I could see that my belly was bulging again. I didn't care. I had lost my resolve.

The one day I decided to get another digital scale. I couldn't find one like the original scale, so I got a different model, and maker.

When I weighed myself on the "New Magical Mystical Digital Scale" I saw I was back up over 230-Pounds again. I was discouraged for sure....

Another contributing factor to me not logging anymore is that I had a computer chip that was very expensive that I had all my weight loss videos on. It got lost in a computer at the college and I gave up logging after that as well.....

Well, excuses, excuses.... that's all we hear David is excuses.....
Huh, do you really think I care what you or anyone else thinks?   In short, NO ...!

I am just letting you know the things that influenced me....

And I surely understand how easy it is to quit on such a long term project as losing weight....

As you can tell, I went back to 240-Pounds and then some inside of less than three years.....

BUT,  I AM BACK....

Let me tell you something..... It's not easy.... It's not..... Everyday it's a struggle to lose weight.... It's hard to find the heart to lose weight and keep it off.....

Who told you it's easy..... And did you want to know something else.....?

NO ONE CARES.... That's right NO ONE CARES IF YOU LOSE WEIGHT....

I had a friend that used to think he was going to encourage me and he'd send me articles about weight and running.... Then I'd tell him where I was and he'd get critical...

Well guess what, my friend  is a little fat boy again...? He admitted in one his posts many months ago. He had a baby and his running and weight loss went to the devil... He has a machine in the basement he can walk and run on everyday. You know what; he doesn't use it?

So here is my point..... Don't you rely on anyone to help you lose weight..... You lose weight for you, and for no one else but you.....

That's all that I have for now....

And that's the way it is..... I'm David Dane.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...