Thursday, May 5, 2016

No Big Progress So Far....!

Hello Weight Losing Fans... I still haven't replaced my scale. Awww... No weight today? It doesn't matter anyway because on the Ketogenic lifestyle weight doesn't come off that fast. (I am talking about losing three to four pounds a month.).It's also very hard to get into Ketosis and stay there. I never knew it would be so hard to eat enough fat to make this whole thing work. I am already tired of butter, and I have only been doing this thing 10 days diligently. When I say eat enough fat, I am talking about eating 80 percent of my calories as fat. Now I am supposed to eat 50-grams to 100-grams of protein to maintain my muscle tissue. So multiply 2000 calorie diet (standard calorie count) x .8 equals 1,600-calories which is 176-grams of fat.... That's absurd. I can barely eat one stick of butter a day. That's only 176 grams of fat or 16 table spoons of butter.

And, I have had all kinds of issues adjusting. I went through all the symptoms of sugar cravings, and still do some times. This means I am not fully fat adapted yet. This translates into my body is still converting glucose in my system. So this slows everything down.

Also, I mentioned this before: On the ketogenic lifestyle the body has a tendency to maintain the lean muscle mass. The fat burns off and leaves the muscle behind. So when I was on my quest to lose weight before (years ago), not only was I losing fat, I was also losing muscle mass. This explains why people were saying my eyes look so sunken into my head.

Now, the progression of weight loss will be much slower, and it's hardly worth getting  another scale and weighing myself. At least not now anyway. I can wait to get another scale.

I have lost two inches around my waist line. ... But, I don't know what that translates into with the weight.

I don't have the same cravings for food that I did years ago. I remember when I was losing the weight all I could think of was eating. I would go to bed at night and wake up hungry. Well, I don't wake up hungry like I did. I wake up in the morning dreading eating anything at all. I am just not that hungry anymore. The only reason I eat is because I have to for my muscle mass, and nutrition.

That's all for now.

That's the way it is.... I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Your math might be off. 80% of 50 grams is 40 grams, not 400. And 80% of 100 grams is 80 grams...If I understand correctly, you should be eating 50-100 grams of protein, which would be 7.14 ounces to 14.28 ounces per day. And fat would be 40 to 50 grams per day.

David Dane said...

Ooops... thanks...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...