Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Cheapest Thing You Can Do Is Take Care Of Your Health

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Scale... NOT... No New Scale Yet..

However I am excited that my chest has gone from 47-Inches down to 43-Inches.

I wrote that the cheapest thing anyone can do is to take care one's health.

There is an old cliche: All the money in the world won't help if you have bad health.. Now that might not be exact, but you get the idea.

I was talking to a family member today. He/she was asking if I have diabetes. I said no. He/She said how do you know if you haven't been tested? Well, my last physical was last year, and my sugar tests did not show sugars in the urine. I showed slightly high for protein. That is only because I had about four raw eggs, and two scoops of protein for breakfast the morning of my physical.

It's pretty amazing because two of my brothers have had to go on medications for high sugar in the blood. Here I am I am not on any medication for anything. But, boy I sure do take a lot of supplements.

Now, based upon some of the weight I have gained and lost, it's possible I might have become a type two diabetic. I certainly developed insulin resistance. That is a precursor to becoming a type two diabetic. So far no one has ever detected sugar in my urine, and I haven't either. I never did get my thyroid checked by a doctor. If I had I am sure I would be on some kind of medication too.

I think I am this fortunate because unlike my fellow family members, I used to run all the way up until I was about 35 years old. I even ran when I got too pudgy for the Army Reserves.  I was healthy for the most part. My real down fall came getting addicted to Coke. I went a couple years drinking 2 liters of Coke everyday. Then when I switched out of Regular Coke, I began drinking Diet Coke 2 liters. Boy, you talk about a recipe for disaster. Diet Coke created havoc on my brain, and my cartilage in my knees.

You can read my past archives to get the story. Now, I am on a different track. I think this will be more sustainable. Oh, I hate giving up the sweets. Only, that's what must be.
It's not easy going to friends houses either ... Because everyone is stuck in the old paradigm. They are stuck eating lots of starches, drinking Cokes, and eating Cake and Ice Cream.
It's still a temptation to eat the wrong thing.

Now, I take a lot of different supplements. It's not cheap. I am trying desperately to completely give up the sweets. So far I have faltered once in the last month.. I got knocked out of Ketosis on Thursday night, and still haven't gotten back into it yet. I am working at it.

If you look up men my age on the internet at least 50 percent of the men near my age are on some kind of medication. I am not. I haven't had major surgeries in 30-years, and that because of injuries in the military. The cheapest thing I can do for my health is finally get my weight back under control. This has a lot to do with the kind of food I eat. Fructose Sugar has to become a no-no. Large amounts of Carbohydrates need to become no-nos. And, on the list of things to avoid grows. I still eat fat. I eat lots of fat. Yep, that's against everything we were taught about fats. I eat meat. Today I had Turkey in broth. I eat vegetables that are mostly green. I will modify that menu later. I am concentrating on getting my body fat down. That might not mean getting back down to 170. As long as I don't have a bunch of fat hanging off my belly, then I will be good.

So far, so good.

That's the way it is.. I'm David Dane


PROPAGANDA: The Risks from Ketogenic Diet As always: I screen your comments. If you write something that I do not like, it won't get posted...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...