Thursday, September 4, 2008

No One Can Do It For You: Only You Can Lose The Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.2-pounds.

That's down from yesterday. I am hovering below that 180-pound target. Whew this is tough.
It was only a few weeks ago that I wrote I was putting my head down and pushing for that 160-pounds. Well, my body is saying, "No."

When I tell you that I haven't been eating that much food, I am not kidding. When I wrote that I have been, "A good boy," I have.

It seems to me, I have hit this wall. My one friend told me, "It's time to exercise."
OK...

He has been having terrific success losing weight because he runs just about every day. Me, I don't have that much ambition.
I suspect he's been trimming back on the extra cups of hot chocolate. That's only a guess on my part.

Exercise by itself won't get that extra fat off of the body. Sure, someone can build up some muscle mass. This extra muscle mass may increase the body metabolism. Exercise can increase heart endurance.

If someone is consuming more calories in food each day than he/she is using during exercise, then that person is only fooling them self.

The real truth is that yummy food that everyone loves to consume has to be forfeited. Yes, the sugar, donuts, Coca Cola's, Beers, and snacks, etc., have to be forfeited. What a shame.

Yeah, you and I can't eat everything that we want. Nope, we are those unfortunates that don't have the ultra-high-revving metabolisms. What a shame.

Lately, I have been getting "in touch" with my hunger. Yeah, I've been making sure that when I am done eating, I remain hungry.

Why? Well, when my hunger is satisfied, I know that my body isn't craving more food. If my body isn't craving more food, then it won't go looking for my fat reserves. I have about 20-pounds of fat reserves that it can use. This is why I am seeking to get to 160-pounds. I want that 20-pounds gone.

Will I get there? Some day I will. It's going to be one year and nine months that I began this weight losing season. Whew... the time has flown.

Tell me how many people have lost 60-pounds, and then kept it off this long?

Here is how I do it: I am neurotic about it. Yes, people think I am a kook-nut. I still sit at the table and write stuff down while I am eating. I carry my scale with me when I go out of town. (That is strange.)

Because of this, I have had success keeping that poundage off. Yes, even when I started going backwards 10-pounds, I was able to fix the problem, and get back on track.

I don't want to go back up in my weight. It's just too hard to move around. It's too hard to lose the weight after regaining it. It's frustrating to see that extra poundage.

I remember all too well how I was feeling when I was much heavier.

It's well worth the frustration too lose the weight, and then keep it off.

It's not easy to lose weight. It's not easy to go hungry when the stomach is craving food. It's not easy.

Who said it is easy? Who told you that losing weight, and keeping it off is easy? Who lied to you? Who was the idiot you believed?

Hey, what do I know. I am only sharing with you my experience. Hey, if you are one of those hot shots that boasts losing weight is easy, then answer this question? Why are you so fat? Huh...?

Number counter when I completed posting today: 5369

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane.

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

Well not only have you done a great job at weight loss, you've managed to keep blogging as well.

Bravo!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...