Monday, September 22, 2008

You Need To Keep A Written Record

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.8-pounds.
Well, I'm sitting right back at just about 180-pounds.

I must say, this was with little or no extreme effort on my part. Guess what? Yesterday I had two of those giant muffins that Dunkin Donuts makes. Oh, that should be a biggie for weight gain, don't you think? No... It's not. That's because I ate those for breakfast. I didn't have anything else until much later in the day. That's 0.4-pounds on the scale this morning was that evening meal.

The main reason I am able to correct any problems with my weight so quickly is I monitor my weight almost every day. I know what I weigh just about every day. This keeps me up on the highs and lows of my weight.

When I see there is a problem, I can switch my diet to eat more protein, or just reduce down the calories.

I am just like anyone else. I like goodies. The problem with most of us Americans is we have gotten into the habit eating everything that we want. Gone are the days when cake was a treat that the family ate one a week at the family get together. Gone are the days when chocolate was rare.

Instead there are advertisements that hail the benefits of chocolate as a new health food. Well, maybe cocoa has health benefits, but drink it, or eat it without sugar. It's won't be so tasty.

That donut may not be so bad, it's actually like eating bread. But, try to eat that donut without the frosting and the pound of sugar put inside of the batter.

That chocolate bar may be great for the brain chemicals, but try to eat it without the cup of sugar used to sweeten it. Chocolate is said to have qualities that stimulate the brain.

Try to end that sweet tooth that most of us have. It's not so easy to do. I still struggle with a sweet tooth. Just the other day, it was late at night, and I was real hungry. All the local food joints were closed. I ate half of the bag of cookies my cousin gave me to take home. Oh boy...

I have written many times, write down everything that you eat, and drink. Then you will have an idea what it is you consume throughout the day. That's a pain in the fanny for sure.

Most people have no worldly idea what they eat. It's this misguided eating that gets us into trouble. Yep, if you will keep track for just one week, you may be surprised what it is you ate.
Go ahead get a notebook. Write down what you eat and drink. Then see you really do eat more than you need to survive. It's true. That's why you are gaining girth.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

So true...most of us have amnesia about what we've eaten. When we write it down it helps connect the dot.

David Dane said...

Thanks Dinah

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...