Monday, February 11, 2013

Am I Close To Saying Good Bye to 235-Pounds... ?

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 232.8-Pounds.

Is this GOOD-BYE to that 235-Pound Range as I attempt to get down to 230-Pounds?

A few posts ago I wrote about my brother who lost a lot of weight. He claims he's lost 90-Pounds so far. He said he lost 35 in the last year alone. Well, looking at him as he is, I would say he probably did lose what he claims. He looks good. And, since he is big boned, he wears his weight better than I do. My frame is light weight. That said, what really got him to make such an effort was his doctor found his fasting blood sugar was over 300 points.

I have never had an issue with my blood sugar. I for some reason, even though I was 100 pounds overweight, never had a diabetic condition. I count myself fortunate. However, had I continued on that course of being so overweight, who knows what might have shown up by now?

My brother is still working on getting his blood sugar stabilized at around 100 points. So he has continued to reduce his carbohydrate intake, and sugar consumption. As a result he has continued to lose weight. Now, he is fast approaching my weight. He said the other day he was 240-Pounds. That's good news. But, the thing that brought it about was not good news.

And it makes me wonder why so many people are happy being overweight.?

I know I didn't look so good being 100-Pounds more than I should have been. I knew that my weight was up there. I just couldn't figure out what to do. Well, the answer is so simple... LESS FOOD.
Along with that I would say start drinking water, and quit the soda pop, along with the diet soda. Diet Soda is what I think destroyed my joints.

If you want to lose weight, you'll have to change your diet. Cut out the sugars as much as you can. Oh I know, I wrote many years ago the SNICKERS DIET. But, that was based on a 1,500 calorie intake.
If you cut out the sugary drinks and turn to water, you'll probably lose weight just doing that alone. I know many years ago when I gave up drinking Coke I lost over ten pounds.

 It's not easy, but you can do it.

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...