Monday, February 18, 2013

It's Ground Hog Day

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale Weighing in at 230.8-Pounds.
Yes, you read that right...


I titled this Posting it's "Ground Hog Day" after the Movie that Bill Murray appeared in.
If you never saw this movie before I will sum it up like this. Bill Murray played a weather man who was sent to Pennsylvania to cover the traditional Ground Hog Day Celebrations. He was only to spend one day there and then head back to his hometown. Well, the story went on to tell that he was caught in a never ending loop of Ground Hog Days. And, from the amount of experiences he went through, and the talents he perfected apparently this never ending always repeating Ground Hog Day didn't end until finally he perfected his character enough to become the kind of man he was supposed to be.
Apparently this loop went on for decades of time by our calender.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could live a Ground Hog Day? Wouldn't it be nice if we could go back in time and change things.

What would you change? Would you knowingly eat too much, and gain more weight than you should? It's just a thought.

We can't go back in time now like in the Movie Ground Hog Day. But, we are moving forward in time. And, knowing what you know now, are you willing to make changes to lose weight?  Golly, I don't know...

I know that in 2006, I started losing weight.I lost 60-Pounds. Then I ignored the behavior that got me there. Part of it was because I was hanging out with my cousin who insisted I chow down on her cuisine, Cakes, cookies, big dinners. She always pushed me to eat the left overs.
Then three years ago my mom died. That really hurt, and I really wasn't paying attention anymore...

What would I do different?
Well, when my scale broke, I would replace it right away.
When my cousin pushed me to over eat, I would refuse her.
 I wouldn't drink as much beer as I was ... In fact for now, I have given up the alcoholic beverages.
I would have stopped drinking the diet drinks much sooner than I did.
I would have turned to water much faster than I did. I drink mostly water now.
I would have kept up with my food log.
I would have quit eating the french fries when I went out of town.
I would have eaten smaller meals.

Oh if it were Ground Hog Day and I could do it all over until I could perfect my body in a gym somewhere. I'd be buff....

Alas, I can't relive the days of yesterday, and neither can you. All I can do is go forward, and do what I can to see if I can get this extra poundage off...

That's all for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane


No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...