Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Pumkin Bread Kit, And A Cookie Kit, What Was I Thinking?

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 231.2-Pounds.

OK that's not under 230-Pounds like I was hoping for by now... But, I am not going to cry over it.

Today I was talking to some friends. Both of them are very large people, one man, and a woman.
I told them when I got off work today I purchased a pumpkin bread making kit, and a toll house cookie kit at the Walmart. The woman laughed and said that's not too healthy. And I said to her this is the first time I have purchased something like this. I don't make a habit out of making cookies and pound cake.

I have a question: "Is it so unhealthy to eat a couple cookies, or a slice of pound  or pumpkin pie cake?" Now, if you were a Doctor Atkins purest it would be. Or, if you were some of these other fanatics that absolutely detest white flour in any form, I guess it would be unhealthy. But, I don't plan on eating a whole cake in one sitting, or eating a plate of cookies in one sitting.

And, as I have always written before, it's how much we eat that gets us into trouble. When I was doing the Atkins diet, I was actually gaining weight just eating protein from chicken, eggs, beef, etc..
That's because even with pure protein the body can become overloaded and start storing up fat.
If you read the Doctor Atkins literature they warn not to over eat.

That's why I write, everything in moderation, this includes cookies.

I think it is unwise to deny oneself a goodies one in a while. Denying goodies creates unwanted cravings. Therefore I say eat that donut for breakfast, but be sure that's it until lunch time.

Am I a purest on these points? NO, I am not... It's the total amount of food we consume that gets us into trouble. And, the less activity one engages in, then the less food ought to be consumed.

Well, I am done rambling on these things for today...

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...