Saturday, May 11, 2013

Changing The Eating Patterns To Avoid Insulin Resistance

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 217-Pounds. I had hoped that it would be 215 or lower. I'll have to take it...

A few days ago I was listening to a radio program where the Doctor Bob Marshall was talking about the insulin intolerance people experience. The Doctor is a QRA practitioner, and believes that diet, exercise and the proper nutrition is what helps people get healthy and stay healthy. Short of a catastrophic illness  he is not keen on using medications.

He had a caller call in and explain he was over weight, and wanted to know how to change the diet to lose weight. One of the things the Doctor talked about was in the morning our bodies shouldn't be loaded up with carbohydrates. He said it's because we naturally go into a lower state of insulin production at night. And, by the morning our body isn't ready to begin pumping out insulin quite yet.

The doctor recommended changing the order of diet and food consumption. He stated in the morning eat low sugar foods, such as a piece of fruit, an orange or apple. He said don't load up in the morning on carbohydrates or fats. Save the middle of the day for the protein packed meals, and the meals with the fat (The fat he recommends is that in the Avocado). Then he said eat the food with carbohydrates no later than 4-5 PM. He said the body has to get ready to consume the carbohydrates and it usually is best at a later meal. Now, he's not big on breads or legumes either. But, his thinking is, if you eat this stuff, then that's probably the time to do it.

So I have changed my diet accordingly. Now, with my schedule this is tough to do. But, I have been eating two small oranges in the morning, then I'll eat a yogurt. Yes, there is some sugar in the yogurt. Later around noon, In the middle of the day I eat an egg, and some protein powder, around 4-5 PM I'll eat a ham sandwich, or a turkey sandwich, along with that I'll eat a yogurt, or piece of fruit.

What I am trying to do is follow a pattern I hope will help me regulate my sugar levels and not put me into a situation where my insulin levels go out of whack. Since I don't have a blood sugar meter, I have to do all of this by guess and by golly. I might go out and get one... We'll see.

Keep reading my blog for further progress reports. We'll see how this works.

A few days ago I finally got a comment. This is from someone who used to read my blog years ago. When I stopped posting she gave up. She found I had begun posting again.

Now, if you write any comments, they won't show up right away. I have to screen them to see if they are Okay. Before I was getting links added to my comments that were meant to send people to nasty places. I also won't accept any posts that are written in any other language besides English. So if you are in some foreign land and you comment; if I have to use and interpreter you won't get my approval...

That's all for now...

That's the way it is, I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

I think you are onto something.

Without reducing my calorie intake any further--it was already weight loss level--I was able to affect my hunger by eating differently.

It did help me to manage my hunger, making it much easier to stay on the weight loss level of calories.

I lost the 30 pounds I'd gained and struggled to lose. I've kept it off almost 2 years now without a lot of effort or starvation, using the same principles but eating a bit more food each day.

My mantra is 'eat small to be small', case in point that 'eat less food' holds for any and all who need to loose pounds.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...