Friday, May 10, 2013

I Am So Excited... Slowly But Surely Persitance Pays Off !

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 216.4-Pounds. Yes, you read that correctly.

Let me tell you I am just so excited about that. Let me share with you something else. Today I put on a pair of black jeans that I couldn't button back in January of 2013. I also put on my black work belt and pulled it to its last notch. That's right, I now have to add another notch in the belt because I will eventually be too thin to keep my pants up.

Ain't that something?

You might be asking, "David, you're lying aren't you because yesterday you were at 220 + Pounds?" I was, but I also wrote that I had eaten an Italian Sausage the night before and had fries too. I really believe that was just stuff waiting to leave. This just might be true for you too. That's right, you may be packing on some extra pounds only because you had a really big meal the night before. Then again, if you are like many women before you menstruate, you gain water weight. I am not a doctor, and won't even begin to try to explain that phenomenon.

So, I am excited and feeling really encouraged by this current progress.

I am telling you. I can't wait until I lose another 20-Pounds.

I haven't been starving to death like I did a few years ago when I did this. Now, when I did the days when I reset (It was a 24 fast of water only, and my morning coffee.), I really struggled with the hunger. In fact I got dizzy a couple times because the blood sugar went down. I toughed it out. That reset helped me clean out the crap... While I was doing that I did take my vitamins. When I got really hungry I drank a couple of glasses of water to try to fill up my tummy. It helped some.

Have I struggled with hunger? Yes I have. Do I get the urge to say to heck with it and pig out? Yes, and I have a few times. Then I get back on track.

If I run into trouble again when I get close to the 200-pound target, I might do a reset again.

So, you might be asking yourself what can "I" do? What can you do? It starts with facing the cold hard reality that you might have a weight problem. Yeah, you might have looked in the mirror and seen that pouch of a stomach and have to admit, that isn't so pretty. I know for women this really upsets them. You may have a pair of dress pants in the closet that don't button anymore. (I have a dozen.) You might have a nagging neighbor like mine who kept reminding me my stomach is too big.

The bottom line is: "Are you overweight?" Your scale will give you an objective opinion about this matter. That's right, there are those height weight charts out there that have been published. You can compare yourself to a well known weight chart. You might be like so many other people out there who will weigh themselves and say, "It's only ten pounds." Well, it might be ten pounds, but this is where the slippage down the slippery slope begins.

The very idea that you have extra poundage means there is a problem. You may be in the early stages of "Insulin Intolerance." You might be eating just a few more calories than you need. You may be eating the wrong foods too often. I am not saying you can't enjoy a donut. I'm not saying you can't have a piece of birthday cake. I am saying how much, and how often.

And I'll just flat out tell you now: LOSE THE SODAS... That's right, you may have the habit of drinking a coke, or spite each day. Give it up. QUIT.... I can't make you do that. But, I am telling you that is just pure empty, empty calories. You might as well stick a needle in your veins and put a glucose drip on yourself for the damage all that sugar is doing. (Yeah, yeah, you say I admitted to having a couple Sprites. I don't make that a daily habit.)

And, let me tell you something else; sugar is addictive. I know. I had a heck of a time giving up the sodas. I thought I was doing myself a favor by switching to the diet soda. That was a bad move on my part. Now, I just mostly drink water when I eat.

So, now you can admit you're overweight. You have arrived at the reality of what's going on. What's next? Get into the habit of weighing yourself everyday. That's right weigh everyday that you can. I suggest you write down the weight and keep a log of your weight.

Keep an eye out on everything you eat. That's right, every liquid, every piece of candy, everything you eat or drink keep track of it. This includes that 15-calorie candy you slip in your mouth after a dinner meal.

Why do I say that? Because every calorie counts. It's those little unaccounted calories that get us into trouble because they add up. They really cause a problem because sugar has a profound effect on your digestion, and your insulin production. And, since you are overweight, you most definitely are consuming too many calories.

I have a friend in another company now. He's much older than I am. He has been confirmed as a type two diabetic. He's lost weight too. Only he's done it the stupid way. He's too busy or lazy to keep a record like I do of what he eats. So because he can't account for everything he eats, or drinks, he'll go day after day eating once a day. Boy you want to talk about adding fuel to an already raging fire of physical trouble: try being diabetic and then fasting away from food. That just exacerbates an already serious problem with the sugar. He would be better off going to an all protein food program. But, I can't tell him that. He thinks he's so smart.

Don't you do that. I did it for twenty four hours. But, that was it. I eat everyday, and I eat normal foods that we all eat. I EAT LESS....

I want to continue adding my ideas to this rambling, it's just I have to get going.

Here is the bottom line: YOU EAT TOO MUCH ! If you have 20-Pounds to lose, or just 10-Pounds to lose: YOU EAT TOO MUCH. You eat too much of the wrong foods. You pump to much sugar into your system, and then you gain weight.

You may be one of those people with a high revving metabolism. I still caution you watch out for those candies, and sodas. Yeah, there was a day I wouldn't gain a pound. That day came when I hit the proverbial wall and over did it. Then I began to add on the pounds. It got worse, and worse. Then I was caught in a never ending cycle of gaining pounds rapidly.

This can happen to you. And from the looks of it, many, many, many people EAT TOO MUCH, or they DRINK TOO MUCH of the wrong things.

I am writing this to say you can change. You can put on the brakes, and make up your mind to lose weight.

Is it too late to lose those pounds? I am 54 years old. I am working at it right now. I have every, every, every intention to get to a normal weight.

I am not a doctor. But, I can tell you most doctors will tell you it's not good to pack on the pounds. It doesn't feel good being over weight. It doesn't look good being over weight. It's not really healthy being over weight.

That's all for now...

That's the way it is... I'm David Dane

 

 

 

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...