Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Did I Alter My Death Date Losing Weight?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.6-pounds.
That's down from yesterday.

I have started doing some strenuous exercise over the last four days. I am attempting to condition my heart some, and to move some of the lumps on my body around.

It's been hard to deal with the muscle aches. When I was much younger, I could deal with it so much better. Now, ouch, it's so painful. I have turned into a big wimp for sure.

A Fellow Classmate Died
Today I was at the laundry mat and opened up the newspaper sitting on one of the chairs. I opened up the obituaries to read that a class mate of mine that went to school with me in kindergarten, and then from fifth grade all of the way through high school died suddenly at the age of 50. The obituary didn't say what the cause of death was.

I sometimes wonder if I have pushed up my death date to a later time by losing weight. I wonder if it did me any good to give up something I love so much to lose weight. I can move around better than I did. I certainly look much better than I did, but that and $2.00 will get me a cup of coffee.

One never knows what that expiration date is on one's body. Is it a set time that God for ordained, or can we move it around? I guess suicide would be one way to change it.
Naw, I am too curious to see what the future will turn out like.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

You probably have.

David Dane said...

Thanks Andrew

Hanlie said...

Hi David! It's not so much the quantity (although people who live longer don't overeat) as the quality of food that determines longevity. Fresh, whole foods, mostly raw, mostly vegan will not only prolong life, but it will also bring quality to life. What's the use of getting old if you can't see well, think clearly, suffer from lots of aches and pains and other complaints and can't look after yourself?

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...