Thursday, April 3, 2008

Eat Less Food If You Want To Lose That Layer Of Fat

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.2-pounds.
That's better.

I want you to read this. I didn't write it. I hope I don't embarrass anyone by using it.

You are so right about it being difficult to hold the weight within 2 pounds...and that is a pet peeve I have with Weight Watchers...life time members, which I am, must not be more than 2 pounds above their goal weight if they want to attend the meeting "free"...that is not enough lee way...5 pounds would be more fair.I spent a lot---close to $600---with WW to get my lifetime membership and when I need them most, they want more of my money...that is one of many reasons why I don't like their program. Many of the people that lead the meetings regain the weight...my leader had regained 23 pounds...she is not the exception, more like the rule.I've found that very few who lose on WW still have kept the weight off after 10 years.

OK... So, like many people out there who have a desire to lose weight, this person spent a lot of money. I have too.

I spent money on stuff that ultimately didn't work. I spent hundreds of dollars on a liquid that had Ephedra in it, hoping that somehow this magic elixir would speed up my metabolism. It didn't. It did speed up my pulse rate to well over 100 beats per minute. Which, by the way, leads to a condition called enlarged heart. I didn't know that at the time.

This liquid that I used was supposed to reduce the body in inches because the body was burning fat with the higher metabolism. That's what was advertised anyway. One of the terrible side effects of this product was at night, when I tried to sleep, I couldn't. My hands shook all of the time. I was wired up on this dark, nasty tasting elixir.

Eventually I quit using the product, and did the Doctor Atkins's Diet. Then I lost 60-pounds. Then regained weight after that.

I suppose that we, like all people, are prone to experiment with things. We hope that somehow we will find that MAGIC potion, diet, or exercise that will ultimately slim us down. We get excited about a new thing and think yeah, "This will do it."

We forget at the bottom of many advertisements there is small print that says: These results don't necessarily work for everyone. Diet and exercise are still necessary as a part of the regimen. OH, I don't know the exact wording, but you get the idea.

It's "Diet" and "Exercise" that get the results.

I have a friend who lost many pounds over the summer. He was running like the road runner, rain or shine, he'd hit the trail or track. When his new job put a crimp on his time, and he couldn't run, he regained pounds. I am not talking muscle here either.

The reason he regained that weight was because he didn't adjust down the caloric food count. He didn't "eat less food," as I have been writing, add boredom.

I also write that the exercise is for conditioning. I don't advocate using the exercise to lose weight. Now, you can lose weight by exercising. That's true. You can even shift the body around by exercising. Ultimately though, if you are going to lean out that muscle, then you have to change that food consumption.

I write use exercise for conditioning because when people quit the exercise, many people regain that extra poundage; they aren't burning up the calories anymore.

Oh no, don't write it: "Eat Less Food." Argh, why did I write that? Because it's true.

Dennis Miller Said He Has A Layer Of Fat Now
I listen to the Dennis Miller show sometimes. He was complaining that now he's older and there is a layer of fat on his body. Well, that's what you get for living the good life Dennis. You get to eat what ever you want because money is no object for you. You can buy what you need and then some.

For guys like me, who struggle to make that extra nickel, I don't have that luxury. It's feast or famine for me. So, I am keenly aware of what I can eat, and where I can eat.

For me, It's expensive to walk into McDonald's or Wendy's and buy French Fries, and a hamburger. For you Dennis, that's not the case. At least that's the way I see it.

So what's Denni's problem, and the problem with many people like him? They eat too much food. They also eat the wrong foods.

Eat less food. Push your diet towards the green side, like salads, green vegetables, etc. Eat more protein, and keep that at a reasonable level. Don't gorge yourself on the meats.

Eat those raw fruits, like apples, oranges, pears, apricots, prunes, etc... etc...

Stay away from the sugar unless it's a rare treat. (Easier said than done; I know.) Reduce down the breads, pasta's, and starches in general. These things kick up the insulin levels, which ultimately causes fat increases.

"Eat Less Food." So what if you are rich or poor? Don't eat so much food. You'll lose weight, and you'll stay slender.

Say goodbye to Coke Cola, Mountain Dew, sugared up lemonade, and mixed party drinks. Drink straight water. Yep, drink water until your eyeballs float out of your head. By the way, I haven't had a regular Coca Cola, or any sugar soda pop in over one and a half years.

You'll eventually get rid of that layer of fat that deposits itself everywhere.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...