Friday, April 25, 2008

It Only Takes A Little Bit Everday Over Time To See Results

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds. That's certainly better that yesterday.

Today I went for another long walk. It wasn't a real vigorous walk. It was about 45 minutes long. I may have burned about 300 calories.

Now, what have I done to drop 2-pounds in one day? I just let my body do it's thing that comes naturally when cutting back on food consumption.

You may ask does losing weight work so quickly? Well just remember; it's only been a few days out of hundreds of days of being careful about what I am eating that I over indulged. I only had to return back to my regular pattern and my body responded in kind.

I don't have to go back to anything other than keeping my calorie consumption close to 2,000 calories. I have been keeping myself the last two days consuming at around 1,800 calories.
I have small bouts of hunger associated with this.

This morning I woke up at around 2:00 AM and couldn't sleep. I was hungry and drank 8 ounces of grapefruit juice, and a cup of yogurt. Then I tried getting back to sleep. As you can see, cutting back 400 calories over two days and then do just a little exercise had some good results.

It just takes doing a little bit everyday over a long period of time to get some dramatic results.
Here is the problem with most people, they aren't that patient to wait to see the results. It takes sacrifice to do the little bit, and it takes diligence that's why most people fail.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Thankfully gains like yours go as quickly as they come....

So you won't feel so hungry you might try eating more higher fiber foods...they make me feel fuller and take longer to digest, so I don't seem to get as hungry as quickly. Since I've increased the high fiber foods, like raw fruit, beans and lots of veg I don't experience the hunger I did previously...and I feel more full on less calories...and it helps that I actually enjoy those high fiber foods...nothing like a good ripe pear...also, the bread I started eating a while back is flour-less....is totally whole grain...you can see the grain...eat a sandwich made with two pieces of it and you feel stuffed when you're finished...plus it's lot of chewing...the brand is Food for Life, it's called Ezekiel 4:9..it is $4 a loaf but it goes a long way because it's so filling...not a lot of air like most breads. You do have to keep it in the freezer because it has no preservatives...you just thaw it as you need it...

David Dane said...

thanks dinah

A said...

A 45 minute walk? Excellent! It is not just calories burnt that will result. You are also helping burn stress, improving cardio and waking up muscles.

The corner is in front of you. You're ready to turn it.

I ran 8.5 miles today. Not very fast, but it felt great. 900+ calories.

Thinking of Dinah's bread rec, I am thinking of baking some bread. It has been a long time, but, wow, what a fine thing fresh bread is.

I'm working on the fiber thing too, but am not a fan of heavy breads unless toasted, maybe some butter. It removes some of the goodness, I know, but yummy yummy.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...