Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's Hard To Hold Those Close Weight Tolerances

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.4-pounds.

This is easy enought to explain. After work yesterday evening I stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 181.4-pounds. I was well hydrated drinking water. After work at around 8:00 PM I ate a stir fry of chicken and mixed vegetables. This explains why I woke up weighing what I did.

I keep writing that the weight keeps going up, and going down. Don't be surprised if this happens to you as well.

It's practically impossible to hold the bodies weight within a 1-2-pound tolerance. There are too many factors that get in the way with maintaining weight so close to that target weight.

I was telling someone who complained that she gained two pounds, she needs to use the bathroom more often. I know that's seems odd, but it's true. Plugged plumming in the intestines can add many pounds over a very short period of time. Also water retention due to illness or consumption of table salt, and sodium could be a problem.

You'll have to diagnose you. You'll have to figure out what ultimately works.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

You are so right about it being difficult to hold the weight within 2 pounds...and that is a pet peeve I have with Weight Watchers...life time members, which I am, must not be more than 2 pounds above their goal weight if they want to attend the meeting "free"...that is not enough lee way...5 pounds would be more fair.

I spent a lot---close to $600---with WW to get my lifetime membership and when I need them most, they want more of my money...that is one of many reasons why I don't like their program.

Many of the people that lead the meetings regain the weight...my leader had regained 23 pounds...she is not the exception, more like the rule.

I've found that very few who lose on WW still have kept the weight off after 10 years.

David Dane said...

Thanks dinah for checking in, I took your comment and added it to today's blog post.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...