Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Eat Less Food: There's A Thought

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.4-pounds.
All that extra food that I consumed Saturday at the wedding has found it's way out.

I don't have a lot of time to type my commentary now. I will attempt to complete my thoughts later.

I haven't given up "The Battle Of The Bulge." I haven't quit writing my mantra... "Eat Less Food."

Ahhh, sorry...

Bye for now... Maybe I will be back later on today

Part Two For Today
I said that I might be back. Ummm, what was I gonna say? Oh yeah, this evening I was driving to the College Of Dupage library. I was listening to the talk radio station. I heard Michael Savage, who is the author of many books on Nutrition. He's also a popular radio talk show host.

A woman called in to his show and told Michael she has a son who works out three times a week. He works out and he is still overweight.

Michael Savage responded very abruptly, but aptly stating that losing weight is a discipline. He left her with that and went on to the next call.

Now, Michael is revered as a man many people look up to. He is unbelievable bright. (That's my opinion of course.) He is extremely adapted in many fields of thought which includes: nutrition, biology, human behavior, and of course political thought.

A woman who was lost in thought about her son called in hoping Michael would have an answer for her dilemma.

Here is my thought for Mr. Savage: (I love your show Michael.) Could you please take some time to ask diagnostic questions? Here is why: PEOPLE TRUST YOU MICHAEL.

If someone takes the time to dial a telephone, and then sit on the telephone listening to you while on hold for a much as one hour, then please respond in an appropriate manner.

Here is what troubles me about you Michael: You don't realize that you weren't the only one screwed out there. Since you have the forum, and you are vibrating so well with the general public, have the courtesy to respond in kind.

OH, but I don't have all the degrees Michael Savage has, so I am an ignorant moron. How dare I write this, oh, oh, oh....

Hey, I have lost over 120 pounds in my short life time. I have gone from 260-pounds down to 200-pounds in one year. Then I went back up to 240-pounds. Then I again lost 60-pounds, and am back down to 180-pounds. I am stable at this 180-pound weight.

I lost all this weight without diet pills, and without a doctor. I lost this weight without a diet coach, or a diet club. I am one damned self willed SOB... This is what I think.

My blood pressure went down. My cholesterol is down. My heart rate is down. My blood sugar is normal all of the time now. I did this with very careful consumption of food, which resulted in me losing weight.

My thought is this....

It's not easy to lose weight. Had I been on the other end of the telephone when this woman called me, I would have started asking diagnostic questions.

I would have asked how long has your son been lifting those weights? I would have asked, does your son use a supplement like artificial steroids? (Artificial steroids, and steroid use, hormones are dangerous. Period... end of that story.) I would have asked this woman, does your son have a diet that is conducive to constructing muscle? I could go on and on from there.

Why would I be so inquisitive on my talk show Mr. Michael Savage? Here is why: for every one person calling in that doesn't' have an answer to that burning question, there are 250 people who have the same question. Someone who wanted to get through your highly obnoxious, asinine call screening man had a question that was important for himself, or herself. I've tried calling the show.

I know for guys like Michael Savage that time is short on a talk radio show. I know there are constraints for him. I know. However, there aren't any constraints on you or me day to day as we face this "Nemesis." It's our compulsion to eat like tomorrow will never come.

For we, the one's who wrestle with our wills to stop consuming everything that ours eyes see, and our noses smell, it's a real challenge. It's a challenge that I fear guys like Michael Savage don't relate to.

For the woman who's son is still overweight I would say this. It's good your son lifts weights. This actually helps the body build muscle. As the muscle increases in proportion to the body fat, the metabolism actually starts to increase. The body building also stresses the skeleton of the body. As a result the body responds in kind by building up bone, and bone tissue, to include cartilage in the joints.

That said, your son has to make sure he supplies his body with the building blocks he needs in raw materials. He has to use a calcium supplement, a protein supplement, and vitamins for nutrition. This is so he can have those nutrients, and minerals that might be missing as a result of a hectic, on the go kind of day.

Your son mam, would also have to make sure he takes time to unwind. Yes, he should make sure he is getting at least eight hours of sleep each day. This eight hours may end up getting divided up. But, your son must make sure he is slowing down, and resting.

I could go on from there. It doesn't make sense for someone like Mr. Michael Savage who is so incredibly powerful in his influence to treat a woman, and ultimately a public who worships him, so brisk, and shortly in time and answers.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...