Saturday, April 5, 2008

Don't Let Lifes Frustrations Stop You From Losing Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.8-pounds. That's better.

What happened to the 180-target? Am I slowly slipping up here and allowing a gradual increase to my weight? It sure looks like that. Don't worry, I am not.

I have been careful with my food consumption. I have been avoiding sweets lately. I had some wine and beer at a wedding. I had some wine a couple of nights this week as well. These may have had an effect on me. I am not sweating it.

I am now going to attempt to go out for some daily walks everyday. That is, if the weather permits I will, and my insane work schedule as well.

I am going to work tonight and going to carry a Thermos of chunky soup with me, and bottles of water. I did that last night.

I am shocked by the incredible price jump in food. The last time I purchased chunky soup, I paid $1.00 per can. This time I purchased the same chunky soup and paid $1.39 per can. That was a 40% jump in price in a matter of months. Oh, ouch.

Also in the Fascist State of Illinois run by the King Blagojevich who has his "mighty" name all over everything, the food tax has now been reenacted. Yes, years ago there was only a 3% tax on food staples. Now, the State of Illinois is desperate for money, so they have a seven percent tax on many foods now. And a different tax on other foods. It's insane.

Why would I mention this? Well, it's deeply discouraging. And this among other things has an effect on behavior. There are things that I won't do because of the price of food. I have really cut bag on purchasing food in restaurants. It's just too expensive. There is a 10% tax on restaurant food. Add this to a 15% gratuity, and that's 25% of my money going out of my pocket.

So, when I have to go to work, I make my food, and then carry it with me. I will make some boiled eggs if I am going to be away overnight. I make sandwiches. I like to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because they fill me and they are like a treat because they are yummy to me.

You have to figure out how you are going to eat. That's that. You have to figure out how to get those pounds off and deal with what's going on in life.

I am writing this so you will know that you and I are in the same boat here. On some days I feel like I just dropped my oars into the water, and I can't get the motor started. We all have stuff to deal with. I am just letting you know that there are people out there who face many difference frustrations. You can't let these frustrations stop you from attempting to lose weight and getting yourself into shape.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Damn, that's a lot of taxes.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...