Monday, April 14, 2008

My Weights Down For Today: How Vitamin D Changed My Life

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Scale weighing in at 183.4-pounds.
That's down from yesterday.

Now, I am up three pounds over the 180-pound target that I wrote I would maintain myself at. I may very well have gained 3 pounds. I am not worried about it.

If I had stayed at the 185-pounds, then I would be concerned. It's absolutely impossible to keep myself right on the target of 180-pounds everyday.

For you it will be impossible for you to do the same.

I haven't been writing much lately because I have been running out of things to write. You can look around the Internet and see much more than I have to say.

There is a You Tube Web Site Maintained by a Medical Doctor. You can go there and watch his videos and see a lot more than what I am writing.

So what if I lost 60-pounds? What will that do for you? Not much. So I am out of Ideas temporarily. Or, you can go read some of the blogs that I have listed on the left side of this blog.

Exercise To Change Things
One thing that I have been attempting to ease into is exercise. This morning I did fifty deep squats with out weights on my shoulders. I haven't been able to do a deep squat in well over ten years. I had to work my way into doing one complete squat, by doing shallow squats day-after-day. This has taken me a year to get this far with the squats. While I was doing this I was suffering with agonising pain in my knees.

How Vitamin D Changed Things For Me
I have been taking vitamin supplements for years, along with other supplements. I have even taken glucosamine on and off for years. I never could get my left knee to heel up.
When I was so overweight I struggled with swelling, and my left knee was actually starting to get tricky. It would pop, and out my leg would go. For no reason I would find myself stumbling as my knee began to give out from under me. Even when I lost weight, I still struggled with my knees, especially my left knee, and my shoulder (which felt like it was going to fall off.).

One day about three months ago I heard a radio commercial about vitamin D. The doctor was explaining that Vitamin D has been vilified unjustifiably. He was explaining that Vitamin D is crucial in helping the body process many things in the body. He said we could get Vitamin D from exposure to the Sun, but most people don't get enough sun...period. He was advocating using Vitamin D as a supplement. He mentioned that most people don't realise Vitamin D in small doses is not toxic. The biggest fear for Vitamin D is toxicity due the body absorbing the vitamin in fat, the second being what is called calcification of the kidneys. I don't remember everything he said, but I went to the Vitamin Store and purchased a bottle of Vitamin D 1000 milligram tablets.

I started taking the Vitamin D faithfully everyday with my Multivitamins, fish oil capsules, Vitamin B, Calcium, and some other supplements. Low and behold I started feeling less pain in my joints.
I started feelings the pain in my knees start to dissipate. Now, my shoulder is much better. My knees don't hurt nearly as bad as they did one year ago. I actually went out and jogged two days in a row before the cold came back here in Wheaton. A year ago I never would have considered doing a deep knee bend, and would never have done a push up. Now, I do both.

As I just wrote, I have taken supplements for years. I personally believe that Vitamin D did the trick. I had Vitamin D in my multivitamin, but it was as if it wasn't there.

If you have sore joints, I am recommending getting some Vitamin D. I really believe this will change your life. It will take about three months before you see dramatic results. I think I was getting pretty bad. I know this because when I would move I would here that irritating squish sound in my joints, and in my neck as I turned them, or moved. Now, I don't here it at all in my neck. And my knee isn't nearly as bad as it was.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I take vitamin D as well. I'm told the liquid form is much more effective so get some of that if you're not doing so already.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...