Friday, April 18, 2008

I Haven't Quit, Even Though My Weights Up

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds.
Well, that's up and over 180-pounds. And, I seem to be inching upwards here with my weight.

Well, I have been exercising, and attempting to work some muscle onto my bones. Oh No, I haven't put 4-pounds of muscle on my frame yet. I wish, but no... it's not there yet.

So what is the deal? Ummm, last night I came to a family members home. I helped myself to the goodies here around the house. Some of those goodies was ice cream, ice cream, ice cream, ice cream. Yes you read it right four helpings of ice cream. Oh, so naughty of me.

Oh, don't get so judgemental here because guess what; some day you'll do the same thing. This is precisely why I don't have quarts of ice cream sitting inside of my freezer. It's too tempting to polish off the stuff all at once. I still have a sweet tooth.

Yes I do write about avoiding sugar, but I'll bet even the best critics of sugar find themselves diving into the stuff with unrelenting fervor.

I've wrtten this before, don't kill yourself trying to lose weight. You'll make yourself insane. I mean it. This is a life long process, and getting up to speed from a zero start is hard to do. I have had to over come some physical problems just to begin to exercise. It's been a dragged out long process.

No perfection yet. It's easy to let one's guard down with the weight when being hungry, or nervous, or boredom sets in. Me, I was hungry, and I like ice cream. So being as I am human, I too will slip up.

Have I quit? No, I haven't given up. I promise.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I'm a bit the same way myself. I don't have snacks and stuff at home as my portion control is still way off. However, if I go out then I do allow myself a treat or two...sometimes or three or four which is something I'm still working on.

A said...

It'll come around. Smart not to keep goodies around. I don't either. I have discipline with some foods lie apple pie?

About exercising - maybe Andrew will agree - as you keep at it, it'll be easier to do a little more, and more frequently.

As I return from a lazy winter, the desire to exercise is coming back. Each day, I feel better, and look forward to the next time I run.

One thing that helps is that I schedule it in. I know, for examplem which days I will run how much through the end of May. Life may require I adjust it here and there, but mostly, I will do what my calendar says. It keep me honest, but also, reasonable. The rule of thumb is add no more than 10% more miles each week. I ran 17 miles my first week back, and 10% of that is 1.7. Add that to 17, and you've got 18.7. The next week, 10% of that (1.87) added to the 18.7. You get the idea.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...