Friday, May 2, 2008

Hold On When You Go Way Backwards: Don't Give Up

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.4-pounds.

I haven't been able to post the last couple days since I have not been able to get to a computer. I have been working maddening long days.

Since I haven't been able to post, you folks missed out on some real weigh loss blunders on my part.

I am listing my last two missing days here now:
Wednesday- April 30, 2008: 189.4-pounds
Thursday-May 1, 2008: 186:6-pounds

Oh wow, did you see those numbers? Whew, what in the world happened there? How did I go up to 189.4-pounds. Well, for three days I was in an an environment where I could eat, and eat all the goodies that were there. And, I did. Also, I went crazy drinking diet soda like coke zero, and cherry 7-up.

Also, I have been drinking wine. I polished off two bottles of wine over three days. (No, I'm not an alcoholic.) This contributed alot of empty calories.

Look what happened in such a short time. Also, I have given up drinking coffee. I have for the most part eliminated caffeine from my diet. Since I have, I think that changed things.

Caffeine is used in many non-prescription diet pills. I suspect that taking caffeine out of the diet my body changed metabolism. I can't prove it.

So, what have I done to remedy this dramatic weight jump. I have basically cut way back again on my food consumption. I have gone back to eating less food.

Yesterday I was on the road all day. I had to eat at fast food restaraunts. I made breakfast and had and egg with balogna sandwich. At lunch I had a McDonalds, club sandwich (660 calories), Then for dinner I had just a plain old fashion cheese burger. When I got home I didn't eat anything else. I didn't eat any French Fries, or anything else like side orders.

I was thinking about this whole thing. I have been trying to maintain my weight at 180-pounds. I would like to go lower. One of the things that happened is, being as I am trying to maintain, I thought maybe I could go over 2,000 calories more often that I did. I thought that I wouldn't have any problems. Well, I am here to tell you; I couldn't. Those extra calories added up.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people who can't keep splurging with the food. You probably can't either. And, I have to keep a close watch continuously on everything that I eat and drink.

I don't like it. But I have to regain the mindset that I am not lucky enough to eat until my tummy is full. I have to portion my food out. That's all I get to eat. Nothing more.

Let's see what will happen. Today I am at 184.4-pounds. I am watching carefully.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

It just goes to show that the journey never really ends.

David Dane said...

Thanks andrew

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...