Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weights Down, I Don't Know Why

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.2-pounds.
That's better than it's been. It's not that 180-pound target.

I have no explanation for why my weight jumped up so quickly to almost 190-pounds. I was thinking about what I may have been eating. Then only thing I can think of is perhaps drinking a couple of glasses of wine after work at night did something to slow my fat burning. I have written about this before in the past.

Like wise, I have no explanation why suddenly my weight has gone back to 182-pounds.
It just decided to drop. Let's see what happens from here.

Most People Are Clueless About Calories
Today I was having lunch with fellow employees. We went through the buffet line together and got our first plates of food.

On my plate of food was a slice of pepperoni pizza, salad, small carrots, 1/2 a cup of fruit salad, and a roll. I was still hungry, and then went back and got a slice of cheese pizza.

Someone at the table said hey, are you still eating, what's wrong with you? Someone then said, I thought you are supposed to be on a diet. To which I replied, "Do you have any idea what I have eaten today?" If you don't then mind your business. I also said, "I have plenty of calories left for today."

The one man said, "What do you eat, about 1,260 calories a day?" I said, "Nope, I can eat about 2,000 calories a day."

Most People have absolutely no clue how to figure out how many calories are in a meal. They have no clue about what can be eaten. As a result many people go through life getting fat, and fatter. Then they get critical of people like me, and are clueless about what I am doing.

You will encounter this with many people. You will run into those ignoramuses who will make comment on what you or I do. And, if you are weak willed from the beginning with your weight objectives, then you will be blown like a plastic bag in the breeze.

I don't care what people think about my eating habits. Most people have no idea what I went through getting to where I am now with my weight. I don't care if they do.

If you are going to lose weight, then you'll have to harden yourself to the critics. Yes, you will find them. These will be the people who will make comment about your weight progress.
They will act like they really care if you are losing weight. They will be critical of how you are progressing. They will even offer free advice. I have a sister-in-law like this. Mean while she is continuing to gain weight. She and her husband. But, they say they are healthy.

Many months ago I used to write over and over, don't lose weight for anyone but yourself.
2558...

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Way to go! You're getting your groove back...sometimes the fat just stubbornly hangs on...we just have to hang on longer...eventually it has got to leave our body.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Yep, sometimes you just have to figure out what works for you and ignore the naysayers.

David Dane said...

Thanks Dinah, and andrew

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...