Thursday, November 13, 2008

Again, I Am Touting The Wonder Of Sauerkraut

Hello weight losing fans....

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 175-pounds.

Are you surprised? You aren't nearly as surprised as I am. It's an unexpected pleasant surprise for sure.

I am thinking what has contributed to this success? What in my eating formula has changed that I have found myself suddenly at this weight?

I have to say I really believe it's because I have added in the sauerkraut to my diet. I eat at least one cup of sauerkraut each day. I try to eat more than that. On some days my schedule doesn't permit it.

I am not doing anything different than I was. Oh, I do some exercises. I really think my success is because of the sauerkraut. When I started eating this fermented vegetable, I noticed it acted like a natural hunger suppressant.

I don't know the scientific explanation for it. Perhaps it's mainly because it acts like a big hulk of bulk in my stomach that takes up space. Perhaps there is a little known chemical that the fermented cabbage has that aids in food digestion. Perhaps it has a chemical that helps suppress hunger. I don't know for sure.

I do know this. When I started eating the sauerkraut I found: It was easier to keep to my 1,500 calorie target. It was doing something for my appetite. I felt full after eating it and some other food. When I consumed the sauerkraut, and the other fermented vegetables, my 180-pound target started changing. I started seeing myself dropping below 180-pounds more often.
I began hanging around below 180-pounds of weight, instead of hovering over it.

I honestly don't know all the factors that the sauerkraut contribute. However, with a lower calorie intake of food, along with the sauerkraut, I got the changes I am looking for.

I am encouraging you to add sauerkraut to your diet. Oh, when I was growing up, I used to hate when my mother served it. However, as an adult, I have gotten used to eating it.

One thing I do recommend though: Keep your toothbrush handy. Yeah, I have had people ask me about my breath as a result of eating it. Ooops...

And believe me, I am very, very aware of my breath, and brush my teeth often. Along with that I rinse my mouth with mouthwash often as well.
I also carry around a packet of low-sugar gum to freshen my breath.

Controversy Arising About Me Losing More Weight
Today I called and told one of my family members the good news that I had hit the new bench mark of 175-pounds. She guessed it right away I hit this weight.

I asked her how she knew. She said because I have been talking about it so much. She also noticed that the last time I visited, I didn't dive head long into all her goodies. (Not while she was awake I didn't.) I call her house the "Den Of Chocolate." It's because every food cabinet in the house and the refrigerator has chocolate in it. It's the good stuff that I like so much.

Anyway, she guessed my new weight. Then she said now stop there. She said that I would look awful if I lost more weight. She exclaimed my eyes would sink into my head, and my face would look gaunt.

She isn't the only person who seems to think I have lost enough weight. Some of the people that I work with think I have lost enough weight. Like their opinion really matters to me? I have other family members who have remarked the same thoughts: I have lost enough weight.

So, I am in a quandary here. My height and weight charts say clearly I should be 160-170 pounds. I can see on my tummy a roll of fat that must go. There is no other way to get rid of it, except to diet it off. Oh, I used that word diet. Bad, Bad word.

So, what do I do? I don't know...

Number Counter when I completed posting today: 7206

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

4 comments:

Lyn said...

You're right, sauerkraut does aid in digestion. And fights cancer too. It is good for you except the sodium is so high, but if you rinse/drain it that gets rid of a lot.

Congrats on 175! That's awesome. Someday I am going to weigh less than you.

David Dane said...

Thanks lyn... Glad you had so much fun in Chicago. I was in the city that night. Only there was no getting to you folks, I was working. I am not fond of Chicago. Give me open fields, forest, birds, and water. Give me less people, and more nature.

David Dane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carla said...

Ive never ever eaten the karut.

I know!!

MizFit

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...