Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November Of 2008: A Record Setting Month For Me

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178-pounds. Woo Hooo...!

Record Breaking Month Of November
It was one year ago in the month of November, 2007 when I finally reached that illusive 180-pound target, and I was at a new weight that I had not been at since the year of 1994.

In the years following 1994 my weight began piling on. I left the army reserves, and was no longer having regular weigh-ins. I went without monitoring my weight on a regular basis. I had no real reason to keep exercising, and trimming that food intake. Just to let you know my food consumption, and weight loss attempts were inefficient up until that point anyway. (It's a long story.)

By the year of 1997 my weight had gone up to 215-pounds. Then again by the year of 2001 my weight was up around 260-pounds. Whew... This explains my closet full of shirts and pants that are like potato sacks when I put them on. (Oh I don't wear them anymore.) I will get pictures of those clothes on my body, and show you the dramatic change.

Between the years of 2003 and 2006 my weight went back up again to 240-pounds. Whew...

Well, this November of 2008 I set a new record of 175-pounds.

November of 2008 is also a record setting month for this 2-year-weight-loss-season. I went back into the history of my weight loss food journal, which is just a legal pad that I record on. I counted backwards the number of days I weighed less that 180-pounds.
Today is November 18, 2008 and I have weighed in below 180-pounds on 16 of those 18 days.
Woo Hoo...!

It was six days ago that I hit 175-pounds. I am now only at 178-pounds. That's a three pound difference. Woo Hooo...!

Here it is in a brief summary: Somewhere around Thanks Giving of 2006 I was way over weight.. I could not button my uniform pants anymore. I was deeply depressed about the condition I was in. I saw a commercial on the TV that showed I could lose weight if I would purchase this monthly food program. It was $300. I found Lean Cuisines on sale at Target. I purchased a months supply. I ate lean cuisines morning, noon, and night for one month or so. When I had emptied my freezer I had lost almost 9 pounds. I was shocked and surprised. I was also starving.

The rest is history. From there I became a calorie counter.

Here I am TWO-YEARS later and I have kept the weight off. Not only that, I am now beginning to break my records again. I am bound and determined to get down to 160-pounds. This is in spite of all the people who say I would look like an anorexic model. It won't be anorexia that gets me there. That's abnormal behavior, and I haven't been eating abnormally.

Oh, but my eyes will look sunken in my head. My facial skin will look saggy. My body would look like a skinny twig. Who cares, as long as I am healthy?

Yesterday I saw an old friend, she said I look real good where I am. So...? It's not where I think I should be.

The Weekend Of Breaking My Calorie Count
This last weekend I went down to Indiana because of work. I worked long days, late into the night. It was hard to fight the long periods of hunger. I didn't have sauerkraut to fill up on, or any other vegetables.

I wrote down everything that I ate and discovered that it was the little goodies on the side that blew my calorie counts clean out of the water for those three days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I went back and calculated up the food calories. For three days I should have consumed somewhere around 4,500 calories. Well, I ate double that for a grand total of 8,041 calories, which is 4,541 calories above 4,500. Whoops.... Oink.

OK... Scream at me if you must. I don't care... What? You read it right... I don't care what you think. I liked it. Ummm, that cinnamon roll (400 calories) was so good.

How Many Calories Equals A Pound?
I have a friend who sends me charts about calories. One day he sent me a chart that calculated calories consumed and how they metabolized into pounds. It said, 3,500 calories equals one pound. So, I could have gained 1.5-pounds because of my carelessness. (Perhaps...) Oooops....

Does this explain why I am at 178-pounds instead of 175-pounds? Does this explain why I almost crashed that 180-pounds? I don't know.

I am not worried about it. Here is why: a few days of extra calories does not a diet break. You read it right. It's going to take more than a few days of over consuming calories to see me turn backwards on the scale. Also, I am consuming 1,500-calories to lose weight. I will eventually have to find a status-quo of calories that's higher than 1,500 to stop losing weight.

Here is my point. Let's say that to maintain, and not regain weight, I can get away with 2,000 calories per day. This would mean my three day totals would be 6,000 calories, not 4,500. This would mean I blew 2,000 calories, not 4,500. Which means, I didn't lose anything, but I didn't gain anything either.

Haaaaa.......!

What Has Caused This Success As Of Late?
I went back into my food journal. I looked at when I figured out that sauerkraut, and fermented vegetables were actually an aid to the dieter. It was sometime in the middle of October when I started eating sauerkraut at least once a day.

It was around the 27-th day of October my weight dropped below 180-pounds. It's been below that just about everyday since.

I really believe the break through came when I began eating the sauerkraut. I don't know what the magic formula in this stuff is. All I know is the records seem to indicate that's when I started breaking new weight loss records again. This is when I began to realize that I don't have to starve at 1,200 or calories to achieve my weight loss target.

I am encouraging you to add sauerkraut, or Kim Chi into your daily diet. There is something in this fermented cabbage that aids in hunger suppression, and fat burning. Again, I don't know why.

All I know, is everyday that I have been consistent eating the sauerkraut I have been getting in below 180-pounds. It's on days like this weekend, when I haven't had it that I have eaten too much.

This Morning I woke up and fried in oil a can of green beans, a cup of sauerkraut, and one can of chopped tomato with onions in a skillet. I tossed in two scrambled eggs. That was breakfast. Here it is, three hours later and I still feel like I ate a full course dinner.
I am not hungry like I have been in the past.

Here is the great thing about this: I ate only 236 calories of food. Most of it was vegtable matter. This is a good thing.

Number counter when I completed this post: 7319

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...