Sunday, November 9, 2008

Don't Think For Five Seconds That I Don't Struggle

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.4-pounds.
Well, that's back under that 180-pound target.

I am happy with this progress. It seems to me my body is responding faster to me putting my appetite back under control after I have strayed with the goodies; like the chocolate. Ummm....

Health Expert Says: "Count Calories"
Yesterday I was getting ready to leave after visiting at a family members house. It was cold, and I wanted to warm up my car before I put my bird outside in the car. As I started up the car the radio came on and this phrase came out of the radio: It's becoming more and more abundantly clear that the only effective way to lose weight, and keep it off, is to learn to reduce the amount of calories consumed. That's a mouth full.

This statement is a paraphrase. But, you get the gist of what he was saying. This was from a physician who has a radio program devoted to healthy eating, and to using food to heal naturally. He is a big advocate of eating raw vegetables, and reducing down the kind of meat products anyone would eat.

Now, I am not going to argue with his ideas about eating. However, I want you to look at that statement again. Key in on the last part of that statement above and you'll see he was saying what I have been putting very simply all along: "Eat Less Food."

Yep that's it in a nut shell. Call it what you want. Call it the Cabbage Diet. Call it the Grape Fruit Diet. Call it the Doctor Atkins's Diet. Call it the Feng-Feng-Fooh-Fooh Chinese Asian Super Diet. Name your diet what ever you want to include: "The South Beach Diet."

It's still going to come down to one thing: "Eat Less Food."

Yep you'll have to reduce down those portions of meat. You'll have to cut out those donuts three times a day. You'll have to cut back to eating one slice of bread for lunch, and a 3-ounce piece of meat, like I just did today for lunch.

You can't go to that buffet each day and eat everything on the counters. You can't go to that steak house and eat that giant 12-ounce steak, and the giant potato with cheese melted on top.
You can't have that late night bag of microwave popcorn every night before bed. You can't eat that giant bag of Cheetos's. You can't eat a lot of things you used to eat. And I am so, so sorry you can't.

And don't you think for five seconds that I like it. Don't you think for five seconds that there aren't days when I wish I could dive head long into a quart of spumoni ice cream. Don't you think I don't wish I could eat that whole bag of Doritos's. Don't you think for five seconds I don't dream about eating a big tray of Oreo Cookies. Don't you think for five seconds that I don't struggle still, even after being at this for two years.

Yes, I am just like you. My appetite got the best of me. As a result of that appetite, I over ate, and gained far more weight than I should have.

I still have the flare ups with my appetite. I still struggle. Sometimes I dream about food at night.

I feel very fortunate that I was able to get a grip on myself. I feel very blessed that I figured out a safe way to lose weight. I feel blessed that I keep seeing little bits of progress along the way.

I feel blessed that even on those days that I wanted bite my fingers off because I was so hungry, I still hung out to see the results that I have today.

If you want to lose weight, then get ready. Ready for what David? Get ready to have your whole psychology change. Yep, if you lose weight like I did then you are going to have to grind it out. You are going to have to deal with mornings, and nights filled with hunger.

I was wimpy about it. I felt deprived, and angry when I finally got down to losing weight. I would see what people were eating, and actually feel a deep sense of resentment.
I wanted what those people at that table were eating.

I didn't want to have to throw out a lot of the junk I had in my cabinets. Yep, I threw out a lot of stuff that was tempting me to overeat. Actually, I didn't throw it away in the trash. I put in bags and brought it to work. The people at work made short work of my goodies.
Out of the door went the bags of candy. Out of the door went the bags of cookies. Out of the door went the bags of chips.

Now, that may seem so far fetched. Why would anyone do that? Well, because just like you, if it was there, I wanted to eat it. Yep, I don't have an Iron Will. I couldn't hold out.

And, if you are like I was, you'll have to avoid those things that temp you the most. You'll have avoid that buffet restaurant. You'll have to avoid going out to eat. You'll have to talk to yourself while you stand at the counter looking at rows of chocolate bars.

If you want to lose weight, then you'll have to do what it takes. You have to get into a regiment, and keep at that. You can cut corners once in a while. You can have a few days when you go over board. But, then you better pick yourself up and go back at it.

You can't quit. What will it mean if you quit: 10 more pounds, 20 more pounds, 50 more pounds? What will be the cost to your health if it hasn't already started to fail? What will be the cost?
You better figure it out.

Someone Wrote An Emotional Story
A while ago I read an emotional story written by a woman who said she wanted to live and be healthy for her children. She didn't want to die at an early age because of her weight. She didn't want to be alone like her mother who was over weight.

I saw the same story on TV this week on the "Greatest Loser Show" with famous celebrities. One of the women from the sitcom "Bay Watch" got fat. Here she was not so long ago a "Breath Taking Beauty Queen,"... She got Fat....
Anyway, she stated in her story she wanted to lose weight for her child.

Well, I hope she meant it. I hope she really means what she said. I hope she will lose that weight.
And I hope both these ladies get that weight off.

If they don't lose weight, then they didn't mean it. They weren't serious about losing weight. They gave us a sob story. Yeah, I am over weight, booh hooo...

You think that's cold? Hey, do you think a heart attack isn't cold? Do you think diabetes gives a crap about who it hurts? Do you think that a stroke and high blood pressure have feelings?

That's what happens when anyone lets their weight go out of control. Disease sets in faster than it really should.

And, who's to say what my health would be like right now, if I kept eating like I was? Who's to say that right now, I wouldn't be forced to use a diabetic medication? Who's to say, that I wouldn't have developed some other weight related illness? Who would know?

And the same goes for you. You think you can get away with it forever. No, I am here to tell you one day the Reaper will show up. He's going to extract his vengeance out on you because of your neglect. It's going to cost you.

It Doesn't Have To Be That Way
I am here to tell you for sure, you don't have to be over weight. If there isn't anything else in life I am sure about, this one I am sure about. You can lose weight. You can get down to a normal body weight. You don't have to stay over weight.

If you need to lose 60-pounds, you can. I did it.
You can keep that poundage off too. I did it. I am doing it now....
You have to have a plan that you will follow. You have to have a regimen that you will follow.
That's all.

But, you must, you must, you must do it for you. If you don't think you are worth it, then you won't try to lose the weight. And, if that's so, don't waste your time reading weight loss blogs.
Because you never will get that weight off, and keep it off.

You don't have enough motivation.
For that, I am truly sorry

Counter when I finished this post: 7070

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

It's easy to think and look for a "magic bullet". But,alas, there isn't one. Plain and simple, as you said, we must eat less food.

WESTMONT ILLINOIS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...