Sunday, November 2, 2008

Don't Be A Neurotic Dieter

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.2-pounds.
That's down from yesterday.

I have certainly been able to hold a much closer tolerance to the 180-pounds than I was before.
I am not sure this is the end of 180-pounds.

In the past I figured by now I would have been at my projected target. I thought sure I would be holding steady at 170-pounds or lower. It hasn't happened yet.

Neurotic Thoughts About Food
The other day I ran into a woman at work who told me she lost 57 pounds over the last year. She was a short woman who had gotten way out of control and was way over her normal body weight.

She told me the reason she started losing weight is that her doctor scolded her and told her she was too fat. Great doc... Thanks for the tip. Now tell me to give up the cigarettes and beer too.

Anyway, this woman said that she was operating at 1,200 calories a day by eating pre made Seattle Sutton foods. She claims she doesn't eat the bread or muffin that comes with the meals because she can't eat sugar.

She claims the doctor told her that she was pre-diabetic. Her blood sugar was normal, but he made the assumption she was going to be a diabetic. Hey bud she could actually be going the wrong way with her blood sugar. If she had low blood sugar and was fat, she could be what is termed hypoglycemia.

Hypoglycemia is a different kind of diabetes that can actually be as serious as being hyperglycemia.

Someone who is hypoglycemic can go into shock and die because the body doesn't have enough glucose in the blood. The causes of hypoglycemia are many. In the case of a fat person it might be because the body is in a stage called hyper-insulinism. This is where the body is constantly pumping insulin into the blood stream. It could be caused by hormonal problems, or it may be the person just eats junk food constantly.

When this genius doctor examined this woman and told her she is fat, she contrived in her mind all kinds of nutty ideas. One of which is, "I can never eat sugar again." To which I say, are you nuts?
Just about every manufactured food you buy has sugar in it. This includes the wonderfully expensive foods that are produced by Seattle Suttons Healthy Eating.

If you eat a piece of fruit it has sugar in it.

When I was doing the Doctor Atkins's Diet I read the book and became and anti-carbohydrate nut. That's because I didn't carefully digest what he was trying to teach.

I have since read again The Doctor Atkins's Diet book. I have come up with new conclusions. Doctor Atkins's doesn't oppose anyone eating sugar. He is opposed to eating so much sugar and so much carbohydrates that the body has to keep pumping insulin into the blood.

This hyper-insulinism is responsible for so many fat people. That's right. When the body has to be constantly processing sugar, and carbohydrates, it has to keep pumping the insulin.
This is not a good thing.

There has to come a point in the day where the glands get a break pumping insulin. There has to come a time in the day when the body is finished processing the sugar, and the carbohydrates.
If it doesn't it goes into a different mode of operation.

The body begins to store fat. Fat is hard for the body to break down once it's stored. The body is now hyperinsulining. Now, the insulin starts causing failures of different organs. The insulin and excessive glucose in the body start causing the body to malfunction.

The body now goes into what is called hypoglycemia. That's where the body doesn't get it's energy from glucose like it should. It's gone wacko.

This woman who I was talking to may very well have been hypoglycemic. She needed to be screened better than she was. But, based on talking to her like I was, she seemed to be a bit nutty to me. She kept going over and over she shouldn't eat sugar. That's what I mean by being neurotic.

I can't help her. But, I have a question for you. When is the last time you had a blood check to find out if you are hyperglycemic, or hypoglycemic. If you are hypoglycemic, then for sure you can't live without a little sugar in your diet.

I am not a doctor. And this whole thing about sugar in the blood is complicated for sure.

I can guarantee this. If you'll eat a piece of bread, or small muffin along with some eggs for breakfast, and a piece of fruit you'll be starting the day out right.

This woman is lucky she and her husband are made of money. I can't afford the Seattle Sutton Diet Plan. It's way over priced for me. If I had money, I could do it.

Only, it's like the over priced Weight Watchers food. I can do the same things Seattle Sutton Does by watching my food portions sizes, and counting my calories.
You can too.

Don't be so neurotic about how you eat. A little sugar won't kill you. Look at me. I have something sweet every day. It's usually a banana, or 1/2 cup of fruit cocktail in the morning with my breakfast.
Then at night, I will have a couple teaspoons of honey in two cups of tea before bed time.

I have kept off the weight, and tickled my sweet tooth a little bit. This is so I don't feel so deprived.

Number counter when I finished this post: 6883
Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...