Thursday, October 9, 2008

Diet Pills: Danger In A Bottle

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.6-pounds.

Yesterday I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181-pounds.

The Day before that, I stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 185.4-pounds.

Have you ever seen such an incredible change in weight in three days? Hey, I have written about it before. So, what's the cause? It's been dependent on the time of day that I have eaten. Last night I ate at around 8:30 PM. This was because I had been at work all day. I ate something at work around 11 AM. When I got home, I was hungry. I had lots of calories left, so I ate.

She Is Using A Prescription Diet Pill
Today I was talking to a casual friend. I see her at work every so often. I had not seen her since August. She was telling me how she has lost 16-pounds. She did it by taking a pill that her doctor prescribed. This pill revs up the metabolism. I call it speed. Look up Judy Garland. She died from an over dose of prescription diet pills.

She told me that there are two draw backs taking this pill. The first is she gets severe headaches. The second problem she's having is her blood pressure is up over 150 points.

I didn't tell her, but the other problem she's going to have one day if she keeps taking these pills is called adrenal failure. Yes, her adrenal gland will blow out. This is one of the nasty by-products of some of these diet pills. People think they rev up the metabolism. Nope, they kick in the adrenal glands.

She also admitted feeling more stressed out taking this medication. Well, if I had my adrenalin glands firing every time I took a pill then I would be stressed too. All one has to do is to google "effects of diet pills," and it can be found what I am writing is true.

Now, this poor lady is being given a prescription diet pill from a doctor. It would appear safe enough. Ummm, no it's worse. Here's why, the real potent drugs, that have addictive qualities are prescribed by doctors.

My thinking is this, let's just say this lady can lose the forty pounds she hopes to lose, with the pill that is. Let's just say it didn't blast her adrenal glands, and maybe give her a stroke. What will she do when she gets off the pill? That is if she can get off the pill.

She will regain all the weight she lost.

She told me that her metabolism is so low she couldn't lose weight. She said she would cut back to smaller portions. She said it didn't work.

Oh, it will work if it's given enough time. I told her that it takes time to lose weight. It takes time to shave off those pounds.

So she told me that she is going to get off of the pills. I don't think she can short of her doctor not writing her a prescription again. Then she can find another doctor who will prescribe her the medication.

One of the serious side effects of many diet pills that are prescribed is that they become addictive. Yes, they produce a sense of Euphoria, and a mental lift. She told me she is suffering from all the symptoms of the drugs effects. She said that she gets emotionally wrecked when she wakes up in the morning. She said that if she doesn't take the pills she feels drained.

Ooops, it sounds like she is headed for a drug addiction. She obsesses about her weight. She is striking out with her boy friend of two years. She was addicted to cigarettes for years since her teens. Now she's taking this so called "harmless pill."

She thinks she can quit it. Nope, she can't. This is one of the dirty little secrets of mixing an addictive personality, and speed.

Again what if she can kick the pill? Then what will she do about her weight? It will come back on again. The pill only delays the inevitable solution that she will eventually have to face.
That solution is: "Eat Less Food." Yep that's it.

The other alternative is to live with being forty or fifty pounds over weight.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...