Friday, October 10, 2008

Upping Those BTUs And Heating Up That Metabolism

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180-pounds.
Yes you read it right, 180-pounds.

How? David, how did you jump around the scale as high 185-pounds four days ago, and then suddenly you are at 180-pounds? Gee, I must be lying here. Nope, it's the truth.

It's called changing the diet, and adding in some extra BTUs (British Thermal Units).

I have been having a problem getting my plumbing unstuck. Yep, the food has been sitting and going no where. Three days ago I heard on the radio how good fermented cabbage was for the digestion. I thought fermented cabbage? The only fermented cabbage I know about is made by the orientals, and it's called Kimchi by the South Koreans. Then it dawned on me. The Germans made fermented cabbage, it's called sauerkraut. That night I went to grocery store and purchased a jar of sauerkraut. I ate it along with a can of Campbell's chunky soup.

For the last three days I have been eating a little cabbage with my breakfast lunch and dinner. It so far has done a marvelous job unsticking the plumbing. There are some draw backs. One, I have been having gas that is obnoxious to the nostrils.

Second, when I need to go to the bathroom it's urgent. Yes, this stuff makes it a go-now situation. There is no putting off the desire. I am not talking diarrhea either. It's all solid. But, there is something in the sauerkraut that stimulates the bowel to the point I can't say no not now.

Third, the gas that escapes makes me sound like I'm a little motor boat. Sometimes when I am standing up the gas escapes in a flurry and I get that burr sound. Oooops...

The other thing I have been doing is in taking hotter foods. Yes, I have been eating very hot chili. It's not so hot, but it's hotter than most people like. Then I purchased a fermented vegetable salad that has hot peppers, and have mixed that in the food. I had forgotten about this, but red pepper, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, increase the heat in the body. This in turns seems to act like an aid to burning fat. I used red pepper years ago in capsules as I was losing weight. I forgot for some reason this actually can help with weight loss. I am proof that it's been working.

The bottom line though in all that I have been doing is that I am still very careful to adhere to one principal: Eat Less Food.

You can't go out and eat everything you want. You just can't. I can't either.

Counter when I completed this post today: 6284

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...