Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reduce Those Calories And Live Longer

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds.
That's down a small bit from two days ago when I last posted.

Today I was listening to the radio. There were two doctors discussing how restricting calories can actually prolong life. It seems that something in the body reacts to being deprived large amounts of food and kicks in chemicals that strengthen the Mitochondria in the cells.

Well La, Dee, Da...

I am not going to get into all the science the doctors were discussing. For one thing, I don't remember all that was said. For the second thing, most people wouldn't understand the technicals behind the science.

I don't have to have a doctor, or a scientist tell me that being over weight is not healthy. I don't have to have a doctor tell me that my life would be prolonged if I maintained a normal body weight. I would think this would be common sense. But alas, it doesn't seem to be so.

The evidence is mounting, and the government of the United States, and local municipal governments are taking notice that most Americans are getting fat. They know it's because we Americans eat more food than we should.

They will eventually start taxing every single thing we eat in a so called effort to get us to cut back. In New York the government has already required food labels to be put on all food, to include box lunches made by your local catering company.

How long do you think it's going to be before taxes are applied to this social problem called being fat, or obese. It's coming.

We eat more food than we need to survive. That's a fact. And if the food calories are reduced then that weight will be reduced.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Even thin people will benefit from a calroei cut (according to this science). I have seen studies on people eating 600-800 calories per day of very high quality food, living very happy and fulfilling, healthy, long lives. Interesting, no?

David Dane said...

thanks Lyn

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...