Monday, October 27, 2008

I Just Keep Doing The Same Things That I Did To Lose Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.2-pounds.

David, you must be lying to us. I thought you told us that you ate three donuts in the morning the other day. I thought you told us you ate some candy that night. I thought you admitted to binging.

Nope... I wrote I only exceeded my 1,500 calories by 300 calories on that day. Well, you had all that sugar, and those carbohydrates. You shouldn't be below 180-pounds today. You can't lose fat that fast. Nope, I can't.

Well, you must be doing something radical like not eating. Nope, I am not doing something that radical. I am keeping myself very close to 1,500 calories a day. This is what has corrected the situation.

I keep writing it's not what you eat, it's how much you eat. You can eat cake three times a day and lose weight. You just better figure out the calorie count that will be productive in losing weight, and go by that. Then limit the cake portions accordingly.

Now I don't think that's a very healthy diet. I don't eat cake every day. And I certainly don't eat candy every day either.

I do eat small portions of meat. I limit myself to around three to four ounces of meat each meal. Or, I will eat a couple eggs. If I consume my protein powder, I will skip the meat, and eat only vegetables, and fruit.

I still measure the portion sizes. I still look at everything that I eat and try to figure out how many calories I have eaten. Then I write it down and add up the numbers. I still weight myself just about every day.

I keep at it. I do the same things every day. It's boring. It's monotonous to do. But, I keep at it. Here it is two years after losing 60-pounds. I have not regained that weight.
It's only because I keep doing the same things day in and day out.
I watch, I weigh, I estimate, and I write it down.
Every bit of food gets logged.
Every drink that I drink that can produce calories I log.

I am not so careful with the diet soda, and the stuff that I use Stevia in.
I have learned those drinks don't have an adverse effect on my weight.

I keep doing the same things every day. This is why today I weigh what I weigh.

Number counter when I completed this post today: 6725

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Catching up...you mentioned weight gains in yesterdays post..I too have noted many people think they gain 5 pounds of fat in a day or two..not realizing that there are many reasons for the scale to be up.

Looks like you are doing really well. Way to go! Mentally I'm in a mindset right now to just maintain for awhile longer...then I'll get back to work at losing some more.

David Dane said...

Thanks dinah, I look forward to your comments

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...