Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm So Excited

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.6-pounds. That's down from yesterday. This ends the week down for my weight totals. That's a good thing.

I titled my blog-post for today, "I'm So Excited."

I am excited for a real good reason. Today I completed 75 deep squats. This is significant because two years ago I couldn't even do one squat. I was so over weight, my knees were blown out. I was a wreck.

Now, I am doing 75 squats. Not only is this so, I am also doing leg lifts by putting my paws (OK feet) up onto the bathroom sink by alternating them back and forth. I did 50 of those lifts for each leg.

I am excited because I am actually seeing improvements in my over all health. Oh, I still struggle with aches and pains here and there. But, lately I have been saying, "To H..... with it." Then I try to work through the pain.

Here are some of the results of my stubborn persistence:
  • I'm down 60-pounds from this time two years ago.
  • My heart rate has dropped from beating in the 100s all of the time to beating in the 60s.
  • My blood pressure has dropped below the normal mark from being high blood pressure.
  • My cholesterol is down from the 200s into the 160s.
  • I look better, and feel better. This has helped me improve my disposition.
  • I can run up a stair case now. Before I was crawling up the stairs.
These are just a few of the good things that have happened as a result of losing weight, and keeping it off.

How did I do it? I ate less food. That's right, I ate less food.

Let me give you an idea how you should eat.

If you must eat one of those Hershey Chocolate bars. Then skip anything else. That's your meal.
What?

Yep, there are 230 calories in the medium Hershey Chocolate bar. That's almost a complete meal if someone is dieting. And it's really not a very good one at that.

If you are eating breakfast, eat a couple of eggs, or a 3 ounce piece of meat, along with a piece of bread, or small biscuit. Eat 1/2 cup of fruit salad, or eat an apple or orange.

For lunch, eat half of a sandwich. Keep yourself down to one piece of bread. Eat something green like beans, or salads. Consider eating a cup of sauerkraut or Kim Chi.

For dinner, eat a three or four ounce piece of meat or fish. Eat 1/2 of a baked potato, eat something green. Again consider adding sauerkraut or Kim Chi to the meal.

Here is what the sauerkraut and Kim Chi have done for me. For some odd reason that I cannot explain this rotting cabbage has been like an appetite suppressor for me. I kid you not. I am not having the raw, gut pulling, cat's scratching in my tummy feeling that I have struggled with.

As a result, I have been able to cut back comfortably to 1,500 calories. Barring any unforeseen events I am predicting I will get down to 160-pounds.

Well David, that's not a lot of food. Nope, it's not. Perhaps you need a little bit more than that. I don't know. However, let me put it to you like this: If you're fat, then you better do something about it. How else can I put it. You have to get off that weight. Your health depends on it.

Your pocket book depends on it too. Yes, the insurance companies will penalize you with higher insurance rates. The government will penalize you with taxes on food. And, we might see fines in the future.

Let me make this clear. The government wants your money. They don't care if you are fat. They want an excuse to take your money. This obesity epidemic, just like the lie about global warming, is an excuse to get your money.

You can beat the governments a... holes to the punch by getting that weight off.

You'll feel better for it. You'll look better for it too.

I have been making slow progress here. I keep at it just a little bit everyday. Let's see what it gets me.

Number Counter when I finished this post: 6507

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...