Monday, October 6, 2008

We Are Getting Played For Fools

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.2. I ate late last night, and that's hanging around.

Yesterday I wrote something about the government raising taxes on we poor suckers who are too incompetent to eat the right kinds of food. Here is the problem with the government bureaucrats. They are arrogant pricks. I mean it.

Everyday we wake up and we are assaulted by advertisements to buy this, and to buy that. When I was a child a gas station was a gas station. You filled your car up and you left. Maybe you could buy a soda from a machine that was sitting outside in the weather.

Now, when I fill up my car I have to watch the television at the gas pump. There are the advertisements to buy what's there in the store. There is the continuous entertainment. When I walk into the filling station to pay the bill, I will find myself surrounded by food, and merchandise.

For some poor, hungry soul, this is often to much to resist.

Another thing that ticks me off; Companies are allowed to put additives in food that actually increase hunger. Yes, sugar increases hunger. But that's benign compared to what's out there now.

How do I know that this is true? I used to deliver in a truck ingredients to a manufacturer that used additives in feed grains to cattle and hogs that would induce them to eat more and more food.

This has now transitioned over to the human side. Oh, you think I am full of it. Did you know that most of the food out there we eat is "Flavor enhanced?" That's right, manufacturers don't just rely on the natural flavors that are present in the food we eat. They add flavor enhancers to our food. These are raw chemicals that are mixed in batches and they mimic natural flavors.

Orange juice isn't orange juice. It has flavoring enhancers. Donuts aren't donuts, they have flavor enhancers. Read the label and see "artificial flavoring." All the additives that are added to these products produce abnormal appetites in the people who eat them.

Do you really think that hamburger at your local restaurant hasn't been tampered with? It's been injected with stuff. I kid you not. Beef isn't beef. Otherwise you wouldn't want to keep eating more and more of the stuff.

Oh come on David. Oh come on nothing, go read the labels.

How can we the American Public resist when the card deck has been stacked against us the game players? We can't.

We are becoming victims of a manufacturing consortium that plays with our foods. We are victims of law makers who suck up the campaign dollars so they can be our local dictators. Then they get to play footsies with the people who have the money and the power.

I hate it. There isn't much I can do. But, I can warn you. You eat too damned much food. That's why you are gaining weight.

Cut back before it's too late.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

David...

You said, "I used to deliver in a truck ingredients to a manufacturer that used additives in feed grains to cattle and hogs that would induce them to eat more and more food."

Wow!! I had no idea this was happening. I want to do a little research on this. Do you know what the additives were, or what company was doing this? Thatnks for the heads up.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...