Thursday, February 27, 2014

I Think People Expect Perfection....!

David Dane Here...

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale Weighing in at 210.8-Pounds.

I was looking at my blog-views. This is a chart that let's me know how many people have viewed my blog each day. My numbers have gone back down again.
I will admit I don't write that much. There is a reason for that. How many different ways can one say, "Eat Less Food?" Or, It's calories in that matter....?????

I know, I know that there is a fat-blasting program out there called the Atkin's Diet. With that plan someone can lose 20-Pounds in two weeks. That said, after a while the program falls short. That's right I said it.

First off, it gets old eating only meat, and avoiding carbohydrates.

Second, once someone reaches a certain level of weight loss, denying ones self carbohydrates actually induces fatigue. Now the Atkins people will debate that point. But, I know, I did the program, and had great success. But, I did struggle with being tired, and worn out.

Third, calories count; even doing the Atkin's Diet. I do recommend a higher protein ratio to carbohydrates. A 2 for 1 ratio, or maybe a 3 for 1 ratio. Limit breads, and limit sugars. Ingest more proteins, which may include whey proteins.

Also, don't avoid fat all together. Fat is the absolute most dense nutritional food out there. Fat actually is vital for the brain, and the organs. (I am not going to get into all the science.)

That all said, I think people are expecting perfection. It's perfection that will defeat you. I mean it. If you work so hard at limiting yourself from some of the goodies out there, you'll go Coo-Coo...
I read other peoples blogs about weight lose, and see what they do. Oh my... Just get out the bamboo sticks, and start sticking them under the finger nails. 

This weight lose program it LIFE LONG.... That's RIGHT... It's forever, and ever... I keeping thinking maybe I should get a tapeworm implanted in my gut, and then I won't have to worry about it... Just kidding...

There is no such thing as perfection. Because someday, someone we know and love will have a birthday party, a wedding, or an anniversary. There will be sitting on the table all kinds of goodies, that we will try desperately to avoid. (After all we are strong willed... Right...?) Here is what you do.
Have some of the goodies. What did you say? That's right, it's not going to kill you...
Now that big fat hypocrite lying tramp Michelle Obama might get the fat-police after you... Until then indulge yourself a little...
Then cut back in some other area....

I don't care what the idiots out there who say "SUGAR" is poison say. I don't care what the fat-police say... Some sugar (especially that white processed kind, or corn syrup) won't kill you. It's the over consumption of sugar that gets us....
It's the constant eating all day long that gets us.
It's that need to graze that gets us...

Deliberate limiting of our food consumption is an all over program. There is a balance. But, you have to find it for you...

Here is the formula: You must consume fewer calories than the body needs in order to put yourself into a deprived mode for the day. (Calorie Deficit)
Fewer calories than what you usually consume.

Hey... It SUCKS.... I agree...

Most often just giving up soda pops, fruit drinks, sugared ice tea, and sugars in general will do the trick for a lot of people. It did for me many years ago. Just giving up my two liter of Coke everyday cause me to drop 10 pounds in a few months.

You have to experiment... And for goodness sakes, try to avoid being perfect... I promise, it will make you batty, and irritate the hell out of everyone else around you.....

One last thought: This is your program, and lifestyle change. It's not your honey bunny's program, your friend's, your mom's or sister's. It's no one's personal responsibility but your own. It's up to you to make up your mind to keep after it... Here is why: No body really cares. That's right, some people will maybe help you for just a little while. Even those so called "Weight Losing Clubs" (Weight loss support groups) like weight watchers, and TOPS might help for a little while. But, people come and go out of those programs. They soak you for money, and actually produce NEGATIVE results. I know my mom was a life long member of TOPS.....
Eventually she lost her will to keep the pounds off, and all the meetings in the world didn't help.
They actually reinforce negative feelings, and you're hanging out with a bunch of people who really have no will power, or self control in the end anyway.....

Yep, it's your baby... And if you hope to keep that weight off, get some resolve. This is a life-long process. No one, absolutely no one can do it for you....


Bye for now...

That's the way it is... I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Spot on and so true! I learned the hard way that trying to be perfect following a diet/eating plan is counter productive and almost always results in failure in the long run. And weight loss programs--been there done that. Never again.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...