Friday, December 14, 2007

Can We Eat Candy For Breakfast?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181-pounds.
That's down from yesterday and still up from my record.

Now, I had a fairly large lunch today. I had two pieces of chicken, one of which was a chicken breast. I also had potatoes, dumplings, and vegetables. I am done eating for the day. I expect I won't see any weight change by tomorrow.

Can We Eat Candy For Breakfast?
When I was growing up it never occurred to me to pull out a candy bar and eat it for breakfast. It never occurred to me to eat candy at any time for breakfast.

I guess that's all changed with the younger generation. When I got to work today one of my fellow workers was there in the break room eating a big bag of M&M's. Next to him was a bag of potato chips that he was going to consume next.

I said to him, "Hey interesting breakfast you have there." This is the guy I described in the past that's round like a beach ball. He's lost some weight, but now he's really struggling.

He got a look of guilt on his face and said, "Yeah I guess I shouldn't eat this." I told him, "Don't worry about it. Just make sure that's all you eat for breakfast and you'll be fine."

He said, "Didn't you say this was bad for me?" I said, "I never told you any of this is bad for you. I said, don't eat too much of it, that's all." I then said, "If you eat that candy and the chips and stop there you'll be fine until lunch."

I asked him if he doesn't remember me telling him about the Snicker Bar diet. He said, "He can't." I said, "We talked about just eating one 500 calorie Snicker Bar three times a day, and still managing to lose weight."

The problem with most people is they don't understand how to evaluate the food they eat. They want to eat, but they want to eat all the wrong stuff. Hey, I'm the same way.

He could have eaten four hard boiled eggs for that bag of candies. He would have had protein for his system instead of sugar.

Someone might say, "Hey, what about all the cholesterol in the eggs?" I think he has bigger problems being so overweight than his cholesterol.

I told this young preponderant man that he needs to start writing down everything he eats, and then start trying to figure out how many calories he has eaten.

I know I am wasting my time with him. He's destined to stay the way he is. I can see that it means more to him to stay as he is, rather than to make the necessary change.

I hope this isn't you. The benefits that go along with the struggle are well worth it.

Years ago I thought that I would never see 180-pounds again. I really thought that I was destined to be over weight for the rest of my life.

I found that answer to the question: How can I lose weight? How can I get skinny again?

EAT LESS FOOD. That's the answer. If you'll do that, then you will lose weight.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane


1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

You are probably right about your co-worker...most people really don't want to listen...they'd rather live in denial...or stay comfortable with their habits. It takes effort to eat less food.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...