Saturday, December 8, 2007

Critics Everywhere

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.6-pounds.
This is just about 1-pound over my record for this weight loss season.
Golly, I just can't eat enough Christmas cookies.

People Don't Get It With The Weight Loss
Today I took a friend shopping. She can't drive because of her disability, so I helped her out today.

She treated me to lunch at Wendy's. I took the little box the French Fries came in and was looking for the calories. She said, "Oh oh, there you go looking for the calories." I said what do you mean, "Oh, oh?" She said, "You're always talking about calories." Then she asked, "Are you still counting calories? Haven't you lost enough weight?"

Well, maybe I lost enough weight. That doesn't mean I need to quit counting calories.

This is where people don't get it. People think they can eat a little hamburger and French Fries for lunch. Then they will wonder why it is they are getting fat. Well, it's because they fail to remember all the other stuff that they ate or drank throughout the day.

The calories add up very quickly when consuming food. It goes like this: A few hundred calories here, and then a few hundred calories there, then you're fat, and getting fatter.

She was no exception to the rule. When I met here five years ago, she was a whole lot thinner than she is now.

What people fail to realize is we all should be looking very carefully at how much food we consume.

This same lady also told me that a man needs more than 1,500 calories a day to live. Umm, yeah if I were maintaining my weight I could eat a couple hundred more calories. Then I would stabilize at a set weight.

I am still attempting to get down to 160-pounds. She wanted to know why I think I should lose more weight, just as many people want to know. Well, I have 20-pounds of gut fat, that's why.

My Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale says I am at 24% body fat. A man should be at around 15% body fat. I want to get to the 15% body fat range. This would mean that I would be in around 160-pounds.

Here at 180-pounds I am much better than I was a year ago. But, I am not near what I want to be.

I told my friend, "Believe me I am not being neurotic about this. I know what I am doing."

You are going to run in to people who don't understand. Many of them will be highly critical. Many people you will run into are attempting to lose weight but are doing it the wrong way.

I eat food. I eat cookies, candy, cake, hamburgers, French Fries, potatoes, cheese, milk, juice, fruit, and a bunch of different foods. I don't eat as much as I used to.

I eat all the stuff that I used to eat years ago. I don't eat big heaping portions anymore. Well, some days I go to town eating. It's not like I used to. If it was, I wouldn't have lost 60-pounds in just under one year.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

You are so right about counting calories...we have to do it forever...I finally figured out monitoring my food intake was a lifelong necessity...loosing the weight is only part of the equation in weight loss...the other part is keeping it "lost"....keep hammering away...maybe some people will eventually get it...those calories add up!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...