Saturday, December 15, 2007

Eating Those Govenment Recommended Daily Servings Of Vegetables

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.2-pounds.
It's only because I had a large lunch yesterday. Someone gave me a dogie box of food from the Christmas Buffet. It was loaded with food.

Yes, when I ate that box of food I went over my calorie count for the day. But, I am not going to fret about it. I didn't have any dessert with it. And, I quit eating for the rest of the day.

Getting A Buzz From Pulverized Vegetables
For the last three days I have been experimenting with pulverizing different vegetables in my food blender.

I started three days ago with blending up carrots and leaf lettuce in milk, and tossing in some protein powder. That made for an interesting concoction.

Yesterday I was mixing in tomatoes, broccoli, celery, tomato, and leaf lettuce.

Today I made two different concoctions because my blender was over loaded. I drank both concoctions.

After having made these concoctions of pulverized vegetables I noticed two effects. One, after having drank them down, I felt like I just ate a Thanksgiving Dinner. I was stuffed. That full feeling stayed with me a long part of the day yesterday. Two, I noticed that I was getting a buzz from it. I can't explain what was happening, but I felt like something was pumping into my veins and charging me up.

I was thinking is this a real feeling here? Is this stuff giving me something like a sugar buzz? I was also wondering if it's not the caffeine in the coffee.

I drank this morning two blenders full of vegetables, ice cold water, and milk. I pulverized five carrots, one large orange bell pepper, a cup or more of broccoli heads, three apples, four celery stalks, one medium tomato, two scoops of protein powder, and honey.

Gee, did I meet the governments recommendation for five servings of vegetables a day there?

Putting all these things together in the blender and pulverizing them overfilled the blender. I had to split up the ingredients and the processing.

I can't help but wonder what the long term effect will be if I continue to eat my vegetables like this. I am wondering if I will improve anything.

Right now after having drank down this concoction over one hour or so ago, I still feel stuffed.

It certainly is an interesting way to eat vegetables. I am definitely pulverizing the veggies down to a smaller particle than if I masticated them with my teeth. I also saved time.

Unfortunately, with my schedule like it is, I won't be able to do this everyday. And believe me, it gets tiring trying to eat four stalks of celery, a tomato, lettuce, apples, etc.. To get all those ingredients together and then eat them takes a while to chew them up in the mouth.

Also when I am out on the road, it gets very expensive to buy salad at a restaurant. It just seems to me, the more healthy the food is, the more they gouge the customer for it. I may be wrong.

Eating out isn't cheap. I went to a buffet the other day and the charge was almost nine dollars. That was cheap compared to many buffets.

When I get into the city and eat at a McDonald's, my bill can easily be $9.00-$10.00 just by purchasing a diet coke, some French Fries, and a hamburger.

It's much cheaper to make stuff for myself. I may start blending stuff and then carrying it in a large jar, or maybe a gallon jug. The only problem with that will be keeping it refrigerated.

Finally, this isn't all that I am eating throughout the day. I am eating other things like chicken, soups, and Christmas Goodies. Yum Yum...

Those are my thoughts for today, such as they are.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Good for you...getting in your veggies!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...