Monday, December 31, 2007

My Last Message For The Year 2007 - It's So Inspiring

Due to events and timing beyond my control I haven't posted in this blog for the last four days.
I know you have all been waiting patiently for my great words of wisdom, and of course my tender, thoughtful words of encouragement.

Many of you have probably put on another five pounds the last four days only because you haven't been able to connect to my deep, deep, words of wisdom which reach down into the soul and tenderize the heart, and give that special meaning to live by.

So since I know you have all missed me so incredibly much, and missed every word that I write, I have a very special delicately written message for you now that is sure to inspire you to take the correct course of action. Are you ready?

HEY FATTY - YES YOU FATSO - PUT DOWN THAT EXTRA DONUT AND GO OUT FOR A WALK. HEY FATTY - WHAT ARE YOU DOING EATING THOSE THREE EXTRA CHICKEN PIECES FOR DINNER? HEY WHY ARE YOU EATING THAT WHOLE PIZZA FATTY?

Ah, aren't you so glad you tuned into my blog? Oh, how I make myself laugh.
Did you notice the delicate words I chose? There isn't a person out there who is quite as inspiring as I am. Aren't you so glad I am back blogging today?

________________________________________________________________
Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.8-pounds. Woo Hoo that's super.

This means that I am free and clear of the ten extra pounds everyone gains during the Christmas Holiday Season. Tomorrow is a New Year, and I am heading into it just over 180-pounds.

Don't think for five seconds I haven't had some Christmas Cookies, or some Christmas Chocolate Balls along the way either. I have, and they were yummy.

This morning I had to head out early to drop off my rental car. (It's a long story.) So I reached into the freezer and grabbed a cherry Christmas Cookie, two Reese's Chocolate Christmas Bells, a cup of instant coffee, and a banana. How is that for breakfast?

(Here is just an aside thought. If you have any of those extra Chocolate Christmas Bells hanging around, or even some of the Christmas Cookies, put them inside of your freezer. This way you can pull them out and celebrate Christmas all year long. What do you think is in my freezer? Thanks to my friends who push cookies on me.)

That was my breakfast. I went to pick up my car at the auto repair center, and then went with a family member for an early lunch. I haven't calculated up those calories yet. I am sure I have used up about one thousand calories: fried hash browns, Greek toast, a three egg omelet covered with hollendaise sauce and Mozzarella cheese, butter, and jelly.
I Eat What Everyone Else Eats
I do eat food. I eat real food. I eat a lot less than I used too. I am always watching for the end result. I can not do it if don't write down what it was that I ate. I can't do it if I don't weigh myself at least once a day, and then write it down.

It's critical for me to be aware of the food portions as well. I am watching how much meat I eat. I am watching how much potato, starches, or fruit I put on my plate. I am thinking about what I am going to eat. It's a constant thing. It will never end.

When I pulled that cookie and the chocolate from the freezer I wrote down what it was that I ate. If I run into a problem, I know why I am having it.

If you are not constantly monitoring your food consumption, and being critical about what you are eating, then you will have problems.

I wish that I could be like so many other people that eat, and don't pay attention to what they eat. Then they never get an ounce of fat.


I Met Someone Who's Husband Is An Emotional Eater
The other day I ran into a woman who was telling me that her husband is 100-pounds over weight. He is also depressed. It's having an emotional effect on her, and him.

I asked her if her husband pays attention to what he eats. She told me no, he eats when ever he feels like it. She told me that he is an emotional eater. I told her that's tough to deal with.

She said he just won't stop eating. And, when he gets upset, he eats more. Hmmm, it's sounds like some people I know. I told her to have her husband read my blog.

Now, get it straight. I am not a nutritionist, or certified doctor of nutrition. I am not anything but an ordinary guy who over the time of one year lost sixty pounds. I didn't do anything special or out of the ordinary. I reduced the amount of food that I consumed. I just ATE LESS FOOD. That's all I did.

When I tell someone to read my blog I want them to catch onto one thing, "You can do the same thing." When I write, I deliberately throw a spin into my writing that makes it bizarre. Yes, I do try to get some laughter, and I do try to spin up some emotions.

Unfortunately the only thing that makes anyone change is due to events that provoke an emotional response. I am working on an emotional response.

I hate the positive up beat messages that play with the team concept too; "Yes, we are all team players, and we can do it together: ooh, ooh, ooh ah." Bull...!

I am a human being, treat me like one.

Hey, I am as selfish as the next person out there. The only difference between me and a five year old child is that I am almost fifty years old, and I am in a bigger body. Don't think for five seconds I don't put my gooey, little, fat fingers on my chocolate bar and don't think, "It's mine, you can't have it."

Tell me the truth, when you eat that chocolate, aren't you flashing back in time? I do. I flash back in time to when I was little. I remember rushing down the stairs to the Christmas Stockings that were hanging on this ledge by the back picture window. Then I remember the fights we would have because we would steal each others candy. Yes, I remember the greed of the little child.

Isn't it somewhat like this today? We are emotionally hurt, or we're hungry, and out comes the little child. Yep, it's that little child with the wet sticky fingers that clamps onto the chocolate bar and refuses to give it up.

I saw this recently in a grocery store. Some little child in a grocery basket seat latched onto a big candy bar as her mother pushed the cart through the isle. Her child reached out and in a flash clamped onto the candy bar. When her mother tried to get it back the child screamed it's mine, and threw a tantrum.

That's dramatic for sure. However, the next time you decide you want to lose some weight, see if you don't want to throw a tantrum when you decide you have to give up something you like to eat.

The truth is, we want to be comforted. We don't want to feel hungry, not even a little bit hungry. We want our emotions to feel some sense of satisfaction.

The only problem with this is: when we are satisfying ourselves, we are only committing ourselves to an unpleasant doom. Yep, we will have to put up with extra pounds that over stress the body.

Think about that the next time it's late at night, and you think you need a mid-night snack. It's feed the little child now, and have that little child suffer later. Then you'll really be crying.

My mother used to say, "Quit you're crying, or I'll give you something to cry about." That's sounds cruel for sure. But, it was her way of putting an end to the whining of a cranky child that wanted it's way.

It's time to put an end to that cranky child inside of us that wants it's way. How, you decide to do it is up to you.

Here is how you start: EAT LESS FOOD.

Yep, you'll want to throw a tantrum when you do.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by real quick to wish you a happy new year! Continued success with your 'battle of the bulge' in 2008.

David Dane said...

Thanks Skinny Guy....

A said...

Agreeing with Skinny Guy here. Well done, Mr Dane, and well said. May you be fitter tomorrow than today, and may next year's 'last message' be filled with victories!

Dinahsoar said...

My mother used to tell us kids the same when we'd cry...you made me laugh with your hey fatso message. Glad you posting again and reminding us to eat less food. That emotional eater you mentioned might want to read the book Hungry. Happy New Year!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...