Sunday, December 2, 2007

Why More Woman Are Having Heart Attacks

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.4-pounds.

Hmmm, I guess I just haven't been eating enough.

I did have a real tasty dessert yesterday. It was some sort of pudding with pound cake, strawberry jelly, and rum. I had a giant Sugary Christmas Cookie. Yummy... Oh, the terrible shame.

It's Christmas, what can I say?

A Cardiology Nurse Told Me Why More Woman Are Having Heart Attacks
Two days ago I was talking with a nurse who works in a cardio-ward, and with cardiologists. She was telling me and the other woman involved in our conversation why more and more woman are having heart attacks. I asked her if it wasn't because more woman are over weight. She said yes.

She said, "Most illnesses that she and doctors see are food related." She said, "Woman and men are eating too much food, and it's having adverse effects on the body."

She said that,"Woman in America are eating too much food, and getting fatter." She thinks that obesity is an epidemic in this country.

She also said that she has seen more and more children who are experiencing food related illnesses. And this is only because they are eating more food than we need to survive.

Ooops...

There really isn't a whole lot that any one can do about it. At least not until a person comes to the conclusion that he/she has a problem. For the people who have suffered the heart attack or have developed diabetes as a result, the solution has come too late. The damage is already done.

As for me I had always wanted to be thinner. I knew that it was going to take some dramatic event to change me. I just couldn't figure it out.

Well, I did, and here I am sixty pounds lighter. I have twenty pounds left to go.

Tonight I Ate The Northern Pike
Back in October I caught a 29.5 inch Northern Pike up in Wisconsin. I filleted the fish and froze it. Today I cooked it in the oven and then ate it.

I haven't figured out how many calories I consumed. I'll figure it out when I get home. I haven't exceeded my calorie count for the day. Tomorrow I do expect to see it on the scale. That's not because I have gained weight, it's because it hasn't left yet. (You know what I mean.)

The fish was yummy. I baked the fillets in the oven at 400 degrees. I put the fillets in a glass baking dish. I covered them with butter and lemon, and some salt. I then put some bread crumbs over the top of them. I covered them with aluminum foil. Next I baked them for 15 minutes. I pulled them out of the oven then flipped them and basted them with the juice. I put them into oven for 20 more minutes.

Oh, that fish was so good. I have one more pike in my freezer at home. I also have a Catfish that has to be eaten soon as well.

I am trying to figure out if I want to fry them, or bake them.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...