Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What To Do When You Can't Sleep

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.2-pounds.

Hey what's up with that? Well, last night I couldn't get to sleep. I stayed up until 2:00 AM or so. I was drinking green tea with artificial sweetener, and hot chocolate. I was attempting to go to sleep.
I was listening to the radio. I was very interested in what I was hearing. I was listening to "Coast To Coast." Now, I am not a real big fan of some of the guests that come on. But the one they had on intrigued me.

He was talking about America isn't really in the middle of a gas shortage. He was also saying that the real people in charge are manipulating our fuel prices. And it's not because they want money. It's because they want control of people in mass numbers. I am investigating this now here at the library.

This isn't the scope of this blog, but some of what he was talking about explains why we are seeing the food prices soaring.

I went to the store yesterday and was gaging because I popped $42.00 for just a few items. I purchased some eggs, a head of lettuce, some other vegetable that I feed to my bird, coffee, and a couple other things. The clerk said $42.00 and my mouth dropped.

I don't usually frequent this store any more. I go to the discount food store around the block. But it was closed.

I have cut so far back on my food consumption, I don't go to the store like I used to. I have been purchasing food that is already to eat. I haven't had the time to cook.
I am not home that much. So, I have been eating out on the road. I already thought the food on the road was pricey.

When I go to McDonald's I will usually eat a hamburger, or something else. Then I am ready to fork out $5.00 for something that years ago McDonald's boasted would give me change back from my dollar. Yes, I get change back from my twenty dollar bill now. Ugh....

So, I guess we all have a good reason to cut back on our eating now. It's too expensive to eat anything.

Why Have I Gained?
I started out this morning writing about my gain of almost three pounds. Why did I gain it? It's easy to figure out. I am full of it again.

Last night I was drinking different fluids. They had not left my system.

You'll see the same thing. You'll drink something late one evening during a sleepless night and you'll see it on the scale in the morning. I did.

Oh, and one more thing. I was hungry late last night. I had to think about what I was going to eat to curb that stomach turning hunger. I decided to eat a very large carrot.
I was trying to get my bird to consume some of it; he turned his beak up at it. I ate it instead.

So, some of the extra weight was that big carrot as well.

Bye for now...

That's the way it is... I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

David..don't quit posting your weight loss blog...those who read it need to hear your message: EAT LESS....

And your success inspires the rest of us to keep on...

I read lots of weight loss blogs daily and everyone is a benefit to me...we all share similiar problems, and have different perspectives, and that is a benefit all around...

Interesting comments about fuel and food prices...many people I know believe the fuel prices are being manipulated too...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...