Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Time, Easter Time, Summer Time, Winter Time, What's The Difference?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.2-pounds. That's down from yesterday, and still up over the record.

Today I woke up in the middle of the day, after having slept only four hours. I worked all night long.

I am tired but, I have things to do, so I am up and about. Ugh...

I was disappointed this morning when I stepped up onto the scale. I thought sure I would have been down more pounds by now. Yes, I know it's the Christmas season. Yes, I know we are all facing the temptations of all the goodies.

Our Bodies Don't Care About What Time Of Year We Over Eat
It's really not any different this time of the year than it is any time of the year. We just make it different. We con ourselves into believing that, "I can celebrate the Christmas season," and in doing so go hog wild with the food.

Not, so. You're body doesn't know it's Christmas, Easter, or the Fourth of July. You do, but it doesn't.

All year long the body does the same old things day-in-and-day-out. It processes the food we shove into our mouths pretty much the same way everyday, short of a catastrophe happening as a result of illness.

If it's the middle of the summer and we decide to slurp down a pitcher of lemonade that's laden with sugar, the body has to figure out what to do with the sugar. It's the same as in the middle of the winter when we slurp down some extra sweet hot chocolate, and a fist full of Christmas Cookies. The body has to figure out what to do with the food, and the sugar.

Our bodies aren't saying, "Hey, It's Christmas, it's time to put some extra pounds on this guy or gal here."

Our bodies aren't saying, "Hey, It's Thanksgiving day here, it's time to put on some extra pounds here."

No, we're seeing those extra pounds because we're eating more food than we may need to survive. Isn't that a shame?

Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall, it makes no difference the season or the time, if we over eat more than we need, then we are setting ourselves up to eventually get fat.

I am not writing that it's easy to make the right decisions. It's not. We all have our weak spots in our wills that allow us to resist the temptation to overeat.

I went to that brunch for work yesterday, and there was this Rum Cake there. I love Rum Cake. If I didn't have to be at work within a few hours, that Rum Cake would have been my chink in the so called armor of my plan to avoid overeating

I had to be at work, so I resisted even tasting the Rum Cake. And, if not, perhaps I would not have been writing so brilliantly yesterday about how I averted disaster with a "Preemptive Food Strike."

Eh, I was just blathering on there. I know that lurking around the corner at someones home somewhere is that one food I won't be able to say no to; it may be fruit cake, or it may be that Rum Cake. It will be something.

And, don't think I won't try to figure out some way to justify my scarfing down an excessive amount of dessert. I will.

I told someone at work yesterday, "Just press the reset button and start over." Today is the day you know you blew it. So, what? Press the reset button and start over.

Tomorrow's another day. The next hour is a new moment in time. The next minute is a flash in the moment of your history when you may finally set your will to do better for yourself.

Then again maybe you won't set your will to lose the weight. That's OK. What? That's OK. Yep, that's OK.

Here is what I say, "Enjoy that Snickers Bar that's melting in your hand there." Yes, enjoy it. Go ahead, eat those big bags of "All Natural Potato Chips" there. Go ahead, eat all the food you want.

But, damned if I want to hear you complain when you can't get up the stairs. Damned if I want to be the one pushing you around in your wheel chair. Damned if I want to be the one who pays your medical bills.

I say, "EAT, EAT, and EAT Some More." Because the food industry loves you. You're helping some illegal alien working in a factory somewhere. Evon's nut's love you. And all of their non-English speaking employees are feeding their families because of you.

And they love me because I am spreading the message for them, go ahead EAT.

Think about all the people who have employment at the Cheetos factory, and the chocolate factory, and the bread factory because of you, and people like you.

EAT, and then EAT some more. There are hospitals, and clinics who's doctors and surgeons will have plenty of work to do with open heart surgery, and heart bypass surgery. Let's not forget the doctors who will get rich charging for lipo-suction, stomach resections, and other surgeries.

Teach your children to eat more sugary food so that Dunkin Donuts won't go out of business.

Eat, Eat, and Eat some more. You are helping to keep this economy going. You and everyone else out there.

EAT, and for Goodness Sakes, don't feel one lick of guilt or responsibility for it. And if you do, I don't want to hear it.

Now, Go Stuff Your Face...

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...