Thursday, December 13, 2007

Try Making Juice In The Blender

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.6-pounds.
This is up from my record of three days ago. It's just stuff waiting to leave.

So here I am back up over my record. Hmm, what am I supposed to do, get depressed? I have to remember that this time last year I was way over 200-pounds. I was close to 240-pounds.

I was eating Lean Cuisines three times a day just about this time last year. I eat more than that now. Is it any wonder that my weight would stall?

I have to remember that this weight loss program is a life long battle. It's "The Battle Of The Bulge." Unfortunately for we preponderates it's going to go on for the rest of our lives.

Ours aren't those hypersonic over driving metabolisms that instantaneously evaporates the food as we consume it, and then turns it into fat burning, muscle building, metabolic fuel.

NO, we are the ones who consume a morsel of food and then see it instantaneously come to the sides of our stomachs or our butts. "There it is today that cookie I ate just yesterday," is our thoughts.

Judging from the many over sized people I see walking around, we aren't the only ones that struggle with this.

The only difference between them and me, is I decided that I must do something to change it.

It's not rocket science what I did, and what I am doing now. All I did was learned to EAT LESS FOOD.

It's just simple physics and chemistry that's all. If someone consumes too many calories for the daily needs of the body, it will store the excess in the form of fat. That's it in a nut shell.

It's not profound. However, putting it into practice; well, that's a totally different story. When implementing a reduced calorie program, the will has to be used. If the heart and the will isn't there, then the battle will be lost.

I don't know how many people look in on my blog. I have had some comments. I don't know if there are all that many people who are getting encouragement from it. I don't know.

Onward I go; writing into the twilight of the future. Then not knowing what soul it will touch and inspire.

My inspiration to lose weight didn't come from a so called "positive message." My incentive came from a tired broken heart that was desperately seeking to be where I was years ago. I was lean in the military. I was running in the military. Then as time wore on I gained weight.

I packed on the fat and tried desperately to figure out how to get it off. My knees were breaking down. I was huffing and puffing climbing the stairs. I had to hold the rail going up the stairs.

NO, I didn't find the answers for my problem until I had an inspiration. It was like a spark of light in my brain. I thought could it work? Could eating less food be the real answer? Is that all it takes? Eat Less Food is all? Won't I die from malnourishment? Won't I be suffering like Karen Carpenter? Won't I end up neurotic from depriving myself? Shouldn't I see a doctor first?

Nope, Nope, Nope, NO, NO, NO. So what do I do? Eat Less Food. Is that it? I Eat Less Food? Yep, that's it, you eat less food. Well how much less? I don't know for you. You'll have to figure it out.

Why not start out weighing yourself first? Why not find a body, height, weight chart that's current somewhere on line? Why not figure out first where you ought to be on that chart?
And quit lying to yourself. If you have fat flapping like I did then admit you are fat, as I like to write preponderant.

You could start there. How serious are you about losing weight?

Making Juice Without That Juicer
Years ago there was an infomercial on TV for the Juiceman Juicer. This fitness guy who was a host was endorsing the wonders of making fresh juice. In his sales pitch he was extolling the wonders of fresh juice made from vegetables that are purchased at the local market.

You would think that drinking juice that was fresh made was the new fountain of youth.

Now, I have known people who have purchased those machines and began juicing every little morsel of vegetable and fruit they could find. Soon they would find that since the machine wasn't an industrial type machine, it broke down. Then there would go their dream of making juice.

I am not knocking juicing as a way to maintain a healthy life style. I will concede that drinking juice is a quick way to get those little vital nutrients into the body.

It's certainly more convenient to drink a vegetable than to chew it. Do I have to purchase one of those expensive juice makers to enjoy the benefits of juice? Umm, maybe not.

How about using that blender that's been sitting there on the counter collecting dust? You know the one that was given to you as a wedding gift. Yeah, that appliance over in the corner that you use once in a blue moon to make margaritas with, that's the one.

Yesterday I hit on something by accident because I was trying to get my bird to eat vegetables. He's like a five year old child, he turns his beak up at everything. He's losing weight because of it.

I purchased carrots, lettuce, and apples, so I could give them to this ill-tempered-fluff-ball of feathers.

I put them into the blender and pulverised them to mush. Then I put them onto a plastic lid and put it in his cage. I thought maybe he would consume this stuff if I made goosh out of it for him. Naw, it sat in the cage and dried out. I threw it away.

But, because of this, I made a discovery. That concoction actually tasted good. "Hmmm, I think I hit something here," I thought.

This morning I took four medium sized carrots, and green lettuce, and pulverized it to mush in the blender. I poured in two cups of milk, and two large scoops of cookies-and-cream protein powder. I ran the blender until the whole mix became puree. I tossed in a small bag of Splenda.

When I was done, I had a thick, creamy, yummy tasting drink that was loaded with fiber, and protein.

I had carrot juice with fiber, lettuce juice, and protein drink all in one delicious drink.

Experiment with mixing carrots, and other green things in the blender. Add ice cold water to make the mixture turn in the blender. Add honey, or sweetener to make it just a bit sweeter.

Here is what you'll get: You'll get the juice and the fiber in the same drink. It will be pulverised so you can drink it like a drink.

It's cheaper than buying a juicer. I think it will work too.

Tomorrow I may toss my angry little bird into the blender, that is if he keeps biting me.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

I make soup in a similar way...add water and chicken broth to the veggies...cook them until tender, the puree with a blender stick...salt and pepper to taste...like a veggie transfusion minus the I.V.

A lot of people read blogs and never comment...keep writing...people are reading...

And even if they are not, it is still a benefit to you...

There are counters you can add to your blog that let you know how many hits your page has...I've seen them on other blogs.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...