Thursday, December 20, 2007

Blending Up The Fruits And Vegetable, And Maybe Getting More Nutrition

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.8-pounds.
That's down from where I've been the last couple of days.
It's still up 3-pounds from the record.

I do believe part of my problem the last couple of days was that I was consuming something that was helping me to retain water. I was drinking more diet seven up, and diet rite than I usually do. It also helped to pass some of the junk out South of the border, after which, made a dramatic change on the scale.
(You know what I mean.)

I have been making a concerted effort to eat my vegetables, and fruits by pulverizing them up inside of the blender.

Today I was making my concoction of fruits and vegetables and was pulverizing some tart apples that I had purchased on "sale" at the local grocery store. I peeled the apples and cored them. Then I chopped them and tossed them into the blender.
After I added some cold water and made what looked like apple sauce, I dipped in a spoon and scooped out some for a taste. "Hey, I thought, This is real tasty." Then I threw in a couple carrots. It was still tasty.

I was thinking this concoction would make terrific baby food. It's not pasteurized, to make it safe to eat, but nutritionally depleted as a result. It was fresh. And I am sure any teething little toddler would just love to chow down on this semi-tart concoction. If I was getting ready to toss in some other stuff, I may have had that just for a dessert.

I tossed in a bunch of green leaf lettuce, and a couple of scoops of Cookies-n-Cream Protein Powder. That was my evening meal.

As I have written before, I get stuffed when I drink down these fruit and vegetable concoctions that I pulverize inside of the blender. For a little while it seems I find some satisfaction after eating.

I also can't help but feel something different after drinking down these concoctions of fruits and vegetables made by a mad man in his kitchen.

You really ought to try making up some of your own vegetable concoctions. That is if you have a blender. Just peel some carrots, some apples, core a green pepper, chop them up and blend them up until they become a mush. Toss in some real cold water so you can losen it up and make it more like juice. Then add spices if you want. Then drink it down.

The only thing that I don't like about it, is I have to keep taking the blender apart and cleaning it.

But, I can't help but think that I am unleashing juices that I couldn't just by chewing the stuff with my teeth. I keep wondering if I am not releasing more vitamins, and nutrients this way.
And I wish I had thought of this years ago.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

If you get tired of a cold concoction, you can do the same and make soup....I do it often...throw some veg. in chicken broth, salt, pepper, onion, garlic...boil til it's quite tender then blend it with an immersion blender right in the pan I cook it in...it's really filling too and like a veggie IV...nice on a cold day...I use frozen as well as fresh veg...got the idea from Kathy Calculates....sounds like you are getting closer to breaking the 180 barrier for good...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...