Thursday, September 6, 2007

All Of A Sudden My Weight Jumped Back Down

Hello weight losing fans...

Oh so you think I really gave up? Awe, you wish. Then I wouldn't have to hit you in the puss with reality. Yep, reality.

It's sucks trying to lose weight. That's what I think. Yesterday a friend of mine and I were driving past Dunkin Donuts after taking a long walk down the Prarie Path. He commented it's a shame we can't stop at the Dunkin Donuts.

Yes it was. And that's an everyday thing. I can't eat like I used to with abandon anymore. And that sucks. How else can I put it?

Oh, I have this wonderful light, fluffy, wonderful, spiritual experience losing weight. And all is just positive and wonderful. Like, heck it is. Who are you kidding?

Weight Gain, and Loss Update
I didn't blog on August 31, 2007, September 2, 2007, September 3, 2007, September 5, 2007

Here is the weight updates for the days I did not post:

  • Friday, August 31, 2007: 185.8-Pounds
  • Sunday, September 2, 2007: 187.6-Pounds
  • Monday, September 3, 2007: 187.8-Pounds
  • Wednesday, September 5, 2007: 186.4-Pounds

As you can see the weight went up and down.

Darn, don't you just hate when that happens? Well, no, I don't. You might if it happens to you. I was telling someone the other day how dramatically the weight can jump up and down in a few days. (I guess it's just water weight gain. Yes, if I were a woman.)

My Weight Has Gone Down
Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystyical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.8-pounds. That's after having stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 186.4-pounds yesterday. (Which I didn't post yesterday.)

I am pretty happy with this. I really am. That is a dramatic weight shift up and down there. To be honest, after having eaten like I did over the Labor Day weekend, I thought sure that I was doomed. I thought that all that sacrifice would have been for nothing.

Ah, alas, I am heading back down again. Oh, the sweet flavor of success. I can't help but feel elated. What a pleasant surprise.

I got to eat like a little piggy. I enjoyed every single bite. Now, I am back on track. That's cool.

Walking To Help Burn Fat
I have a friend who writes the blog "A Runner's Dilemma." His blog is listed on my side bar.

He called me up a couple days ago and invited me out to go walk the Prarie Path with him. To be honest, I didn't really want to go walk and excercise. Yesterday I was going to whimp out, but decided I should take him up on his offer.

We went for a four mile walk up the Prarie Path. I was sore afterwards, especially in the joint by my groin area. But, today I woke up and was glad that I had gone with him. (I don't excercise like I should.)

I do think it had some influence on burning just a bit more fat. It certainly did something to get the body fluids into motion and get my heart beating a bit faster. All of which is very beneficial.

Hey, I am like anyone else. It's the law of perpetual motion: what ever is in motion tends to stay in motion; and what ever is at rest stays at rest until acted upon by an outside force. In my case I tend to stay at rest. It takes a big, big force to get me into motion.

It wasn't always like this. Years ago, when I was much younger, I was like my friend; I ran, and ran, and ran. But, my joints got rusty, and my disposition got lethargic, and then I quit excercising.

If you want to boost that fat burning get off the couch, and out from behind that computer. Go for a walk.

Bye for now...

3 comments:

Jake Silver said...

I knew a military man like yourself would not be content to just sit on the couch. I figured it was only a matter of time before you were doing something like walking.

Anonymous said...

I also have a tough time getting off of my duff and getting it in gear. Good for you!

A said...

All I have to say is you have 13 more months to train:
http://www.chicagomarathon.com

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...