Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Weight Loss Took A Big Hit This Week

Hello weight losing fans...

Did you miss me? Judging since there aren't any comments lately it seems no one cares one wit if I post. I have been off of the computer for five days. Oh well...
I worked all of Saturday.
On Sunday I went out of town to Lake Geneva to fish. Nope I didn't catch the big fish.
On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I went out of town on business. Nope, I couldn't get to a computer.

I didn't have my scale with me when I went out of town. I was flying blind with my weight. I also didn't bring my food log with me. So I wrote all the food that I ate on scraps of paper.

I took a real big hit these last five days with my weight. I am up almost seven pounds after last weeks record day of losing weight. Yep one week after having set a record I am now up just about seven pounds. What can I say?

What is responsible for all this gain? Umm, I ate more food than I needed to survive. I especially threw caution to the wind during these last three days. I ate well for breakfast lunch and dinner. Here is why, I wasn't paying for it. And since it was being served in a buffet type setting I went wild. I had a little bit of everything. Yum, yum, yum...

I don't have the time today to type out all that I have eaten. Rest assured it was a lot more food than I needed.

Of course I can't fall back on the likely excuse that this is food that is waiting to leave. Nope, I take full responsibility for it. I enjoyed every single bite.

I guess though I lost my free dues days at the fatty club. I have to face fifty lashings with a wet noodle to boot. Oh, what a wretched soul I am. NOT...

Hey, I keep writing don't kill yourself to lose the weight. We are designed to eat food for energy. That's right. The challenge with losing weight is how to find that happy medium so that weight can be lost carefully.

Over the last few days I have found that I can't go much higher than 1,500 calories and then continue to lose weight. It only takes me to eat a couple pieces of bread and the weight loss progression stops.

This may be true for you as well. One day a woman told me, "I don't know how many calories I should eat." It's different for everyone. You have to figure that out.

Bye for now...

1 comment:

A said...

"I took a real big hit these last five days with my weight. I am up almost seven pounds after last weeks record day of losing weight."

This is not as it might look. The importance is the big progress.

My own weight loss journey is less colorful, as I have lost only 7-9 lbs since May, but, this was 6% of my former body weight. However, if I go up two lbs, it is 1.5% of my current weight. Albeit, things are slow, it is not the up and down I care about, but the slowly decreasing waistline. Even with my few lbs lost, my back feels better, my pulse is slower, and I sleep better. You get this. I've seen your posts about a similar result.

The next stage, for both you and I, will be a slow one. The discipline cannot change, and, as we also exercise, we will see our lumpy, fat, soda pop and donut bodies turn into carved, lean living human sculptures.

If it takes you five months, like it has me, to lose 9 lbs, so be it. That will put you you to 174, and in even better shape. At that pace, over a year (say, October 1, 2008), you'll be 161. You won't just be thinner, but healthier.

Instant results are a myth, but the chasing of them is what causes so many to give up. Those serious and committed do not give up. Just those with bouncing at the fatty club. They give up because it is more comfortable to be fat than healthy. Not you. Not me. We must, and will, press on.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...