Friday, September 21, 2007

Walk Away From The Food: Let Them Toss It Out

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds. That's one pound up from the record. I don't think that's bad.
Now, I am expecting tomorrow I will be at a higher weight. It's because I went to a picnic today and ate a lot of food.

I ate at the picnic:
  • Large hamburger bun
    Barbecued Chicken Breast
  • Hot dog bun
  • Large beef hot dog
  • Potato salad
  • Chili
  • Two raisin cookies Chocolate chip cookie
  • Granola bar

For breakfast I had a Lean Pocket Sandwich. For a snack I had a chocolate protein bar, and a chocolate granola bar. Both of which added 400 calories alone to the days calorie totals. Add to that a large glass of whole milk (300 calories)

I expect it will take some time for that to leave.

I Talked To A Woman Who Knows What To Do: Will She?
Today I was walking around a rummage sale. I ran into a woman who I started a conversation with about losing weight. She was a short stocky woman who obviously could lose 50-pounds off her short frame.

She was telling me that she saw a doctor on the Oprah Winfrey Show who was saying that the best way to lose weight is to reduce the amount of food consumed. He said cut out a little bit here, and a little bit there. (Oh My...) She said that she had been thinking about losing weight but didn't know how to.

Well, after we talked, I knew she knew more that she thought. Here is the catch: It doesn't matter what you know, it's how you use what you know.

If you know you should eat less food, then why aren't you? What's the hangup there?

She asked me about hunger while we were in our conversation. She admitted that she can't handle the hunger when she doesn't satisfy herself.

Well, I'll be, could I be right all along? Hey, you weight loss Gurus, what's really driving your binging? Could it be the Hunger Monster after all?

Well, I told her if she works her way into it slowly, she will learn to deal with the hunger.

Yep, I said work her way into it slowly. Don't kill yourself trying to lose weight. Don't sit there and play the martyr with your body and starve yourself out of your mind.

Golly, if you want a chocolate donut then eat that chocolate donut. Then skip something else.

It's when we get to the dinner table with the mind set that we have to eat everything on the table that gets us into trouble.

At the end of the picnic they were throwing away the food. Yep, whole trays of condiments and food were being tossed into the barrels. Perfectly good food gone for good.

I had to resist my urge to collect trays of it to bring it home. I could have rescued some of it for myself. But, I didn't pay for it. It wasn't mine to rescue.

It's hard to see good food go to waste like that. And I think we may think that when we get to the table or that next picnic.

Maybe we eat so much because we don't want to waste food. Oh, I am so funny.

No, we have bad habits. We eat way more food than we need to survive. We are compulsive. I know that I am.

So, here is what you do. Eat Less Food, and walk away from the rest of the food. You can't eat it all, so walk away.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...