Monday, September 17, 2007

Cold Hard Reality Creaping In: My Message Is Not Well Liked

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 187.8-pounds. Yes, that's up again two days in a row. I am convinced it's just stuff waiting to make it out the back door.

I noticed something when I talk to people about the amount of weight that I have lost. People get real uneasy when they hear the words: Reduce the food portions, Eat less food, Give up eating, Go hungry, Don't try to satisfy yourself at a meal. I especially see this with the chubby people; OK, the fat people.

I see the looks on their faces change when I tell my story. I can see the grimace in their fake smiles. I see the squint in their eyes. I can see the glassy look as their eyes glaze over.

Am I paranoid? I don't think so. You would think that when I preach the message about weight loss that I am an old testament prophet.

I can just imagine the fat people huddled together waiting to stone me to death. I can also envision the cult like mentality of certain weight loss groups that want to do the same thing to me. It's Because I dare to question them and their methodology.

MY MESSAGE IS NOT WELL LIKED. (That's OK with me.)

It's simply because my message is very short and to the point: EAT LESS FOOD.

Sooner of latter when a person undertakes the Weight Loss Adventure he/she is going to have to face a Cold Hard Reality: It's not easy to give up food. It's not easy to count those calories all the time. It's not easy, if you are using Weight Watchers, to keep counting those points. It's not easy to keep track of what you are eating 24 hours a day.

And, when the Hunger Monster visits, the Neurotic Monster visits, or the Compulsion Monster visits that temps us to overindulge our appetites we have to face the Cold Hard Reality that NO is the only thing we can do.

We have to say:

  • No to that extra Ice Cream Bar
  • No to that extra helping of spaghetti
  • No to that chocolate cake
  • No to that hand full of potato chips
  • No to that extra serving of food at the buffet bar
  • No to that free cookie from a friend
  • No to late night binges
  • No to that chocolate bar
  • No to the extra glass of wine
  • No to the many things that people don't say No to anymore
Am I dreaming, or is it worse than saying NO to drugs?


At The Party All The Fat People Sit Around Indulging Themselves
Then at the party when all the fat people are sitting around eating Ritz Crackers and cheese getting fatter; suddenly the feelings of loneliness and isolation creep into our bodies and souls as we begin to realize that we are the only ones here trying to lose the weight. I mean making a real true effort, not just talking about it.

It's like going out on the back porch and hearing the crickets in the late fall chirping their last chirps before the winter frost kills them off. The cool air blows and winter is beginning to make it's presence known. The cold begins to creep in and we begin to feel alone.

That's right you and I are alone.

My message may not be well liked. And at the time I am proselytizing I am not well liked when I try to convey the message that no one can do it for you. "All The Kings Horses, And All The King's Men" can't make you and I do what we need to do.

Sooner or later, you will find yourself alone in your quest to lose the unwanted pounds. No one, no not anyone, can give you the grit to take a course of action to lose weight and then keep it off.
That's something you'll have to find for yourself.

This is why my message is so unpopular. This is why I know my message is not liked and not well received many times. It's because no one likes the words "Self Sacrifice." No one wants to think about giving up our cherished food.

And since I dare to tell the truth, and I dare to be critical; I am like public enemy number one.

Go ahead don't post my blog on your blog. Try to disrespect me. Try to avoid me. Think you know better. Go ahead.

Sooner of later the pigeons come home to roost. Sooner or later the truth makes it's way to the front. Sooner or later the simple message of EAT LESS FOOD will be found to be the simplest and most direct path to getting results.

It's a simple message, but making it work isn't simple. I know... I know, I know, that I know.

Take heart you preponderant ones with the big butts. You can lose the weight. It takes time. It takes effort. It takes saying NO.

By for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...