Monday, September 10, 2007

Hovering At One Weight

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.8-pounds. I am down from yesterday, and I am up 1.2-pounds from my record weight for this weigh loss season.

Umm, gee, aren't I supposed to continuously keep losing weight? I mean isn't my objective to reach that illusive 160-pound goal? I mean David you are a goal setter aren't you? Aren't you writing this blog as an inspiration to all of us? Aren't you hoping that someday you will have a top blog on weight loss, and that millions of readers will come to you for weight loss advice?

Well, No, it ain't gonna happen that I have millions of readers who read my blog for weight loss advice.

It's like this, my weight loss advice isn't so historically out of the ordinary. Please tell me what's so profound about the statement, "Eat Less Food?"
Not only that, as I look around and see more and more fat people I am realizing that people really don't want what I am telling them.

Here is why. It's going to take personal sacrifice. That's right. It's going to take giving up that impulse to eat whenever someone gets rumbly-in-the-tumbly. And we live in a very selfish narcissistic society that wants to indulge itself at every turn of the corner. This is what we have become.

With modern food processing techniques food is now cheap compared to what it used to be. Not only is it cheaper to make, but it's more abundant than it's ever been in history.

Hey, those manufactured wheat chips are just so hard to resist. But they are healthy. NOT! And lately I have been hearing the commercials all over the radio about SUGAR being the natural sweetener, vs artificial sweeteners. After all, there is only 16 calories in a teaspoon of sugar. The commercial says 15 calories in a teaspoon full. Whatever...

Do you really believe that people are going to get any thinner? It won't happen even when the fat police hammer us with the fat tax.

Eating for many people is an addiction. And, let's face it, when it comes to being hungry, no one wants to suffer with hunger. I know I don't want to.

So, why waste my time writing this blog? Umm, I don't know. It gives me something to do. And it keeps me thinking about what I have to do for myself.

Oh, there may be one or two people out there who like what I have to write. But, really, it's not so profound. I am going to keep writing the same dribble.

Of course I will hit this drum one more time: EAT LESS FOOD.

If you do, then you will lose weight.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...