Saturday, September 8, 2007

Oh Horrors Of Horrors; I Just Keep Gaining Weight

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Greetings from Grand Rapids, Michigan and The Calvin University Library. Oh, I do get around.

Well, today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 188.0-pounds. Yep, you aren't seeing a typographical error there. It is what it is: 188.0-pounds.

What? How could this happen? Oh, you can't have given up have you?
NOPE!

I did eat well last night. In fact, I ate real well yesterday and throughout the day. I exceeded my calorie count for the day (1,500 calories) by a wide margin. And, most of that food consumption was breads, and sugars.

My Over Eating Started With A Weird Day
Yesterday was a weird day. I was supposed to wake up and be at work by 6:30 AM. I set the clock for 4:30 AM. Well, I awoke at 2:30 AM instead. I laid in bed trying to fall back to sleep. It was impossible.

So at 3:45 AM I got up and decided to do some things that I neglected to do. I was just loaded up with energy. I was also very, very hungry.

I knew that I was going to have a full day ahead of me, and knew that I wasn't going to quit work until late.

I started eating early on in the day for breakfast. I ate a cup of oatmeal with honey. I had a strawberry protein shake, and two hard boiled eggs. After I ate I was still raving hungry.

I went to work and there were fresh Dunkin Donuts in the break room. I was so hungry I decided to eat a blueberry cake donut. This was at 6:30 AM.

Later in the day around 11:00 I was with my clients. They wanted to eat at Quizno's Sub Shop. So I tried to be modest and ate a six inch Bourbon Chicken Sandwich, and a diet Coke.

Later in the day around 6 PM I was invited as a guest to someones home. There I was fed a large slice of Lasagna, lots of salad, two pieces of French Bread stuffed with melted cheese, and two glasses of fresh apple cider. Then for dessert I ate a large slice of Apple Crunch Pie, with 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream on top. That food was lots and lots of calories.

Now, you can see why today I weigh what I weigh. Here is the saving grace about it all. I wrote it all down. I may have gained weight, but I am not sitting here bewildered as to what happened to me.

I know exactly what happened and why I am gaining weight. From here I can take a corrective course of action.

If you aren't keeping a record of what you eat then you are going to find yourself in trouble with your weight, and you won't know what happened.


I Went For A Walk To Exercise
Yesterday I went for a two mile walk around the small town that I was staying in. Today I decided to find a library so I went for another walk instead of driving to the library.

It's better for me to attempt some sort of activity, especially when my time is limited.

It will help burn those calories and keep my rusty joints lubricated.

Bye for now...





No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...