Friday, September 14, 2007

Can You Tell Me: When Does The Hunger Go Away?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.2-pounds. Yep, that's three days in a row there that I have held the Weight-Loss-Line here. It's status quo for my weight.

That's three days in a row I have been under 185-pounds. For the inquisitive who want to know how I have done this: It's just because I have been holding real tight to the 1,500 calorie allotment of food that I give myself each day. That's all. Nothing fancy, and out of the ordinary.

This Morning I Woke Up Early And Felt Hungry
This morning I woke up at 5:30 AM without a clock. I tried to go back to sleep. My body said nope get up. I had set the clock for 6:00 AM anyway. So I only missed 30 minutes of sleep.

The first thing that I noticed when I woke up was how hungry I was. I wanted to jump up and eat something right away. Now, I have a stronger will than that.

I want to know something: I have been at this weight losing thing for nine months now. Doesn't the hunger ever leave?

Come on you weight losing Gurus. Come on you weight losing heros tell me what I want to know. Give me your magical formula for fighting the hunger.

Give me some more pablum about high concentrated foods, and balancing everything out. Tell me like one family member did that eventually you'll reach a point when you can't eat as much?
Ok, tell me when?

Tell me when I will be able to look into the freezer and not want to eat that container full of Ice Cream?
Tell me when I pull into Dunkin Donuts for coffee that I won't want one the chocolate cake donuts on the self?
Tell me when I go down the candy isle at the store when I won't want to eat a chocolate bar?
Tell me when I can go to a buffet and not cringe because I have so many choices and I know I am watching my weight?
Tell me when I go to bed at night that I won't wake up feeling like a victim in a concentration camp?
Tell me when I can finally stop weighing myself like a neurotic idiot?
Tell me when I can finally go to a picnic and eat everything there and not feel like I'll see it the next few days on my scale?
Tell me when I can finally feel full after a meal?
Mommy, make the Hungry Monster leave me alone.

Could any of you tell me when it stops? Can you tell me when the "Battle Of The Bulge" will finally end?

You can't, can you? Admit it folks. You're in this world with me. We are the unlucky ones who's metabolisms are a bit slow. Or, we are the smart one's who figured it out and are doing something about it. I don't know.

It certainly seems so unreal. I wake up and my stomach claws at me like cats in my belly. I am not sick. I don't have a tapeworm. That's just the way it is.

Am I happy about it? Not at all. Gee, I like having my guts gnawing themselves to death. NOT !

Right now I am blogging. It's real early in the morning. I am sitting here hungry and thinking about what I am going to eat.

Here is the sad part. I know that after I eat what ever it is that I am going to eat; I will still feel some hunger.

Mommy, could you chase away the Hunger Monster from my belly?

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...