Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Always Hungry, And Never Completely Satisfied, And A Dedication To 911

Hello weight losing fans...

Six years ago today, Muslims flew hijacked commercial airliners into the Twin Towers in New York City, the Pentagon Building, and failed to hit the White House with a plane that smashed into the ground in Pennsylvania. They were Muslim men who believed that the only way they could spread the fear of Alla, and their extreme belief system was to kill Americans and terrorize our population. They slashed the throats of the pilots on those airliners, and then took control of the planes. They deliberately flew those planes to their doom and killed everyone on board. Along with losing millions of dollars in airplanes and equipment, billions of dollars were lost in buildings and historical land marks. More importantly thousands of Americans died in the planes and buildings. Families were destroyed, and property was damaged and lost forever.

This is in remembrance of the events that happened on 911. Our hearts go out to our fellow Americans for their losses.

Today I stepped up onto that Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 186.6-pounds. Up again some am I. It's just stuff waiting to leave. Well, that's what I think it is.

Anyway, I haven't had any comments on my posts lately. I guess I have lost all my audience. Yep, they are all gone. Oh well, it's not as if I am writing anything very profound.
I mean, how many different ways can someone write the message, "EAT LESS FOOD."

Hmm, let me see:
  • It has been found that if the total calories that we consume in a day does not exceed the recommended daily amount of 2,000 calories, we will maintain our weight at a specific level.
  • There's the old standby that I use: EAT LESS FOOD.
  • The proper diet and exercise will result in a healthy body.
  • Restricting the total amount of calories to a minimal amount will result in the eventual reduction of the body mass. Uh, what's a mass?
  • Don't eat donuts and cookies everyday.
  • Pardon me, ma'am I can see that you are struggling there. I lost weight, did you want to know how?
  • Or my all time favorite: "Hey FATSO, quit eating everything you see."
Do you get what it is that I am trying to convey here?

If you want to lose weight, then you are going to have to EAT LESS FOOD. You may have to suffer through some terrible hunger while you are doing it. That's that.

My Family Member Joined Weight Watchers
My cousin told me a couple of weeks ago that she joined Weight Watchers. She claims that with the incredible meal planning they give that she never feels hungry.
I was amazed, skeptical, and amused all at the same time.

I just couldn't believe her. She told me what she eats to lose weight. Golly, it sounds a lot like the food that I eat. I eat fruits, vegetables, and proteins like chicken, tuna, salmon, etc. I only eat red meat about three times a week.

Now, yesterday I had a giant salad. I mean it must have been half of a head of lettuce, and spinach. I was satisfied for about one hour. Then my nauseating hunger returned with a vengeance. Later I ate a fried chicken and tuna combination of meat and fish.

I never did get rid of my hunger completely. I want the magic powder these folks are dumping into the food they eat. It's because I never, ever, not ever go a day without being hungry. That is unless I just stuff myself like a Thanksgiving Turkey.

I can't do that everyday, otherwise I would return to where I came from.

Whoa is me, I am destined to wander around never feeling the satisfaction of a full stomach. I must suffer daily for this cause of losing weight. I am destined to be one of the odd ones.

Oh, please. It is what it is. I live with it. It's not as if there aren't some days I don't eat my cake and ice cream. I just don't do it everyday. You shouldn't either if you expect to lose weight.

Eating Dessert Is A Modern Day Invention
Eating dessert everyday after a meal is actually an invention of the 20th century. There was a time in our history when people ate a meal and never saw this thing called dessert. Sugar was expensive compared to regular staples of food, and so were the other ingredients that went in desserts, like chocolate.

It wasn't until modern manufacturing came along that we were able to get the commodities available at a price the common people could afford. Did you know that with the advent of Cracker Jack Popcorn, and the introduction of Coca-Cola that diabetes started to rear it's ugly head?

There was type-one diabetes which is related to genetics, but type-two diabetes came along in the twentieth century. Now type-two diabetes is quickly becoming a condition of the aged. Some say it's an epidemic.

If you want to get those pounds off, you will have to cut those calories. Giving up the dessert everyday is a good way to start.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...